• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any bets she'll notice this?

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
I completed golding out my wife's 95 Tour. I don't know why, the parts were there and well now they are on her car....... lol
PIC00002.jpg
PIC00001.jpg
I could put on the Gold Contour badge too but I don't want it to look too ostentatious ...lol

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,

AF

you mean like this? :D:D:D
Fordlogo640.jpg

contourl640.jpg

Last edited:
mine came from the facgtory that way :shrug: just didnt have the gold antenna base.

she probably wont notice it. most people dont notice mine. :shrug:

That's neat, I think the Golds were fairly rare, I have only run across two of them. Those two make up what is now on her car. She never noticed when I changed the trunk to 98+, so I doubt she will notice a little more glint o gold :laugh:

That's neat, I think the Golds were fairly rare, I have only run across two of them. Those two make up what is now on her car. She never noticed when I changed the trunk to 98+, so I doubt she will notice a little more glint o gold :laugh:
I thought the gold package was an SVT only thing :shrug:

its the only pre98 i have seen with the gold emblems. :D:D

The 2000 that I just got the reflector, Contour, and grill badge from was an SE. I also got those badges but they are a bit scratched up. The pre 98 that I got the antenna base from was a GL IIRC, but all the other gold stuff on that had been damaged.

my wife would notice, not a big fan of the gold trim but it looks real good on that

Last edited:
That's funny stuff Ausie. Having actually met the woman you're (tormenting, uh I mean testing, or.............surprising, yeah that's it:laugh: j/k) surprising makes it a little funnier to me. Keep up the good work.

-Aaron

Love the gold badge ... on a black car. Seems a little overkill on the champagne :crazy:

Love the gold badge ... on a black car. Seems a little overkill on the champagne :crazy:

LOL.... and that my friend is what makes a horse race. I happen to think the gold on the black is just a bit too gaudy looking.

Maybe I should do a pole on this .......:laugh:

BTW the color is Pumice Clear Coat - DK ......

AF

LOL.... and that my friend is what makes a horse race. I happen to think the gold on the black is just a bit too gaudy looking.

Maybe I should do a pole on this .......:laugh:

BTW the color is Pumice Clear Coat - DK ......

AF

x2 dont like it on black but looks good on pumice

Has she noticed yet?

My wife always complains that I'm a "gotsta know" but I can't slip anything past her either. Just way to curious. Always catches me in the act. I'll never know if she'd notice or not cuz she always wants to know what I'm up to. Really takes a lot of the fun out of it.

So, how are you going to "gold" the bumper trim strips??? Mylar overlay?

Oh, and how is the Taurus cup holder working out? Did you ever shorten the shift lever?

LOL she never noticed and I don't have the chrome bumper strips they just were not there when I got the car. Perhaps she will notice when I do the spoiler next year.....

Shortening the shifter is on my list of things to do, but I'm in no hurry. I have one to work on so when it happens it will just be a swap out. She really likes the coin holder part though and keeps asking when I plan on refilling it ...... lol

Thanks for asking and,

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Back