• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

speaker in and out

elraido

I kant speel
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yGLHV2...spx?I=1085723CF&search=infinity+kappa+572.3cf

Ok, I thought I solved this but I guess I didn't. I have a set of the speakers linked above. One of them would cut in and out so I took things apart and found out that there was a bad solder in the board in the "box" part of the speaker. So I solder that back up....hook it back up...crank up the music and it works. But now that is only when it really wants to work....is when the music is cranked. Sounds great with it turned up....cuts out when I turn it down. Bad solder? Other connection? Headunit?

I've noticed that blown speakers have that characteristic..... Take a multimeter to them and see if they have an ohm load close to what they are specified as.

Does the crossover have a fused link anywhere? Is it still only that one speaker? Does the tweeter or mid play, or do both of them not play? I'm going to say it's a bad connection. Hook it up to another source unit, and see if it plays all the time. If it does play, then it's definitely a bad connection some where. Probably in the door connector. I had this problem, and noticed my window wouldn't roll up some of the time too. If I opened the door, it would play, and the window would roll up, and if I shut it hard nothing. Shut it softly, it'd be fine.

It is just the one speaker. It will play, it is just really quite until you give it a decent amount of juice then the tweeters and cone work like normal. The first thing I did do was check the connections everyplace and those were normal. It did this before I hooked those speakers up to the amp as well.

I've also had a cd deck act up on before. Would crackle out of one speaker so I never hooked that one up... You should try swapping it from one door to the other :) That'll eliminate a few possibilities.

do you have a amp bypass? i had this problem and found out that when my HU was installed they did not bypass the factory amp. the crappy integration harness had a bad connection.

Back