• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MKS... Where S stands for shiney chrome

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Why the Lincoln badge on the fender and the chrome on the rockers?:shrug: Is one of the designers the same one that slapped the retarded chrome things on the new Focus? Otherwise I think it looks amazing.

09lincolnmks_35.jpg

09lincolnmks02crop1280oh2.jpg

09lincolnmks03crop1280ph4.jpg

Info.

I'm not totally mad at the rocker panel chrome but that big lincoln badge on the fender is terrible! It is a massive line breaker. Otherwise, prettttyyy pretttyy...pretttyy nice. That front end is very slick.

The base engine on the '09 MKS is a new 3.7-liter V6 derived from the 3.5-liter V6 in the Lincoln MKX. The MKS's engine delivers 270 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The MKS can be ordered in front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive versions.

The 3.5 is rated at 265hp/249tq. This car needs some serious power if it's going to compete in its class.

Last edited:
Not a fan at all of chrome, especially not near the tailights or on the sides, but I think the chrome on the grill fits the car excellently.

Terrific nose. I like that they've kept the heritage of the Lincoln grille through various evolutions of design.

Surprisingly i like it alot. I'm gonna save final judgment until i see it in person, but so far so good. How much are these things anyway?

It looks like a Lexus IS model to me. The shape of the window's and the window frames and the such. It looks aight, I think the lincoln badge on the fender would look cool if it was lower, like at the bottom of the fender and sized a little smaller. I'd rather take an MKZ personally.

It looks like a Lexus IS model to me. The shape of the window's and the window frames and the such. It looks aight, I think the lincoln badge on the fender would look cool if it was lower, like at the bottom of the fender and sized a little smaller. I'd rather take an MKZ personally.

I agree, and I bet you could order the headlights from an Acura TL dealer.

Now that I think about it, it's got something from every major luxury sedan on the market :shocked:

Terrific nose. I like that they've kept the heritage of the Lincoln grille through various evolutions of design.

The fender emblem is also part of the Lincoln heritage. My Lincoln has them on both front & rear quarters. They do seem a little big but I like them none the less.

I've been following this launch of the MKS with interest. Would Ford bother tooling an extra 200cc into the 3.5 for a mere 5hp and a small amount of extra torque?

I have faith that Ford are deliberately leaking underestimated power figures for this car, and when it goes on launch, it will be closer to 300......Of course I could be totally wrong! :)

Wouldent want over 300hp, that would be more than the Mustang...

Ford sucks.

Well what about the 1998 Lincoln continental?

275hp 275tq? That beat the old 4.6sohc gt motor:laugh:

Why would u take anything less. This is the flagship car in Lincolns line up. Why drop such a low hp engine in it?

Back