• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can any Contour harness work?

G

green SVT

Ok so I'm in the hunt for a wire harness for my 98 SVT. So can I use any 99 and up harness or does it HAVE to be a SVT harness? Thanks for any help!

The whole thing? There are parts that aren't connected to the main harness that goes into the cpu. The cooling and a/c are the first example that I can think of that's it's own seperate harness, starting from the fuse box.

I believe that you can use the wiring harness from any duratech contour. You may have to splice a few things here or there, but an SE harness will do. You personally need the engine wiring harness, the fuel injector harness and the main wiring harness which goes into the fuse box and the is the biggest PITA! But yes, the wiring harness is not SVT specific.

the main engine harness(that connects to the pcm) needs to be specific from your year. well at least for an early 98 because of the external pats compaired to the internal pats system of the later years.

the main engine harness, for the injectors, sensors, tps, imrc etc is the same for all year except 2k when the switch was made to the returnless fuel system

Ok so I'm in the hunt for a wire harness for my 98 SVT. So can I use any 99 and up harness or does it HAVE to be a SVT harness? Thanks for any help!

ceg is so awful that the guy you screwed over came into this post and still tried to help you

you are a dick
funny-1.jpg

Back