• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Made out good at Harry's!

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
There were a bunch of new Contours from what I could see. The rows were a little messy because they were moving cars around. They added what seems like 2 new rows of Fords in general. It was VERY foggy down at the yard, so foggy/misty that when the wind blew my glasses became covered in water, as well as all the cars. If only it had been misty like that this past sumer...:laugh:

I finally found a returnless fuel pump/sending unit!! For the first time since I bought the car (year ago this month) the gas gauge actually shows more than 1/4. Also found a nice JVC CD player with Ford adapters already attached in a 98 Mystique. Oddly enough, it was installed into my brother's 98 Mystique to replace his broken CD player.

There is one more 98+ returnless pump left if any one is in need of one. It is in a 4cyl Contour, but it will work in a 4cyl or V6, according to the Motorcraft interchange guide. The pump I am running righ now is also from a 4cyl. I saw about 6 nice headlights...one was a brand new FORD OEM HEADLIGHT, not TYC or Depo. All tabs are intact and the lens is crystal clear. Unfortunately no SVT Contours.:cry:

All in all it was a great day! Plenty of parts to pick through on the 25th!

Rich2279 said:
Can I get directions to this Harry's from South Jersey or an address so I can do a mapquest search?

This is right off of their website, www.wegotused.com:

Southern New Jersey - 78 to 309-N to 81 to Exit 143

Address is:

1010 Winters Ave
Hazleton, PA 18202

They have 2 more yards, one in Allentown and one in Pennsburg. The one in Hazleton is the biggest. Anything in particular that you need? We are having a meet on November 25th at noon at the Hazleton location.

Actually, I'm more interested in if the roof's were straight and not tweaked so I could get a headliner and sliding sunroof tray.:laugh:

Thanks for the info. I do have a list of goodies that I need. When I get a chance, I'll see what is most "important" on the list. lol- 1st thing that does come to mind are T-RED SE side skirts. I can get them local, but they are either black or spruce green. I guess at this point you could just see if they have any (if you are going to the yard anyway) Thank you

Sounds like a great day at the junkyard James. :cool:

Rich: There were some side skirts there but they are a bit tweaked. Harry's puts the cars up on steelies and they end up getting messed up. You may be able to find two decent ones on different cars, we may need to have someone from the yard lift the car so you can get them off though.

The yard in Pennsburg does the same thing. I like that yard as the cars aren't as trashed (by people) as the big Harry's. It's probably closer for you too. If you decide to make the trip to that one, let me know. You can normally find everything that you are looking for at that one.

The yards around here do the same thing and the side skirts end up damaged. I did find a nice black set, but there is the issue of painting them. Also, at the bottom of my list is a set of 12 spoke factory rims. I can easily get the 8 spoke sets, but I really like the 12 spoke.

The yards around here do the same thing and the side skirts end up damaged. I did find a nice black set, but there is the issue of painting them. Also, at the bottom of my list is a set of 12 spoke factory rims. I can easily get the 8 spoke sets, but I really like the 12 spoke.

Did not see any 12 spoked rims or I would have taken them myself lol I've seen green side skirts, maybe a set of black, but no red.

LUCA said:
we may need to have someone from the yard lift the car so you can get them off though.
Last time I just had a few buddies help lift it up and move the wheel :laugh:

Pen_Two said:
Actually, I'm more interested in if the roof's were straight and not tweaked so I could get a headliner and sliding sunroof tray.

That should not be a problem...I know the new Mystique that we pulled a CD Player from has a nice roof and interior, just missing the cover for the sunroof motor and the motor itself.

True, we should have plenty of people at this one to lift any car so we can get at the side skirts.

I think I saw a few of those wheels at the Pennsburg yard last time I was there.

True, we should have plenty of people at this one to lift any car so we can get at the side skirts.

I think I saw a few of those wheels at the Pennsburg yard last time I was there.

Shhh, don't let everyone else know about those wheels-lol :laugh:

Also, the Pennsburg yard is a bit closer. When or if I ever finish this thesis, I'll plan a day trip.

I'll meet up with you at the Pennsburg yard. I like that one, they have lots of Contours and they aren't as molested as the ones in Hazelton. People are apparently more respectful, for the most part, and don't destroy the parts that they don't need.

OK. Anytime I can go to a junkyard..... I'm there. :)

Back