• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

silverstar ultra??

Looks like they are the same temp, 9006's are 200 lumens brighter, where 9005 320 lumens brighter. They're selling for $30 ea. I need to buy some new ones cause my pass. blew. :nonono: If my local az has some I'll pick a pair up and get some pictures. Though I'll be doing the 9005 in lowbeam mod, so they'll look a tad different.

I picked a pair up from az for $50, and cut the tabs out. I installed the passenger side light, so when I take pictures you can see the comparison between the ultra and a 1 year old 9005 silverstar.

Here is the best picture I have:
cimg1264ie8.jpg

Driver side is a 1 year old silverstar 9005, passenger is the new ultra 9005.

Quite a difference, I'm not sure if the difference is because the bulb was a year old or not.

Here is what it looks like with both:
cimg1267eg3.jpg

I'll get some road pictures later.

[EDIT] More Pictures:

cimg1272uj9.jpg
cimg1268lt4.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the turn out, the camera doesn't quite capture the right temperature, but it's close.

After further inspection, does anyone know how to aim fogs? :troutslap:

Last edited:
Great pics, not worth the money but if they're 320 lumens brighter than makes them 2020 lumens instead of 1700 lumens meaning they have about 63% of the light that HIDS have. I think I'll invest in some, but I need a coupon because Im not paying $50 for light bulbs. I know you ugys have a pep boys + sylvania coupon down in the US now so you guys are getitng it for $14.99-$19.99 which is amazing for a pair, I'm going to try a similar scam.

Ya, go under the car there is a screw on the foglight bracket that faces the floor, tightening and loosening it will aim it because it's attached to a spring.

Thanks.

Great pics, not worth the money but if they're 320 lumens brighter than makes them 2020 lumens instead of 1700 lumens meaning they have about 63% of the light that HIDS have. I think I'll invest in some, but I need a coupon because Im not paying $50 for light bulbs. I know you ugys have a pep boys + sylvania coupon down in the US now so you guys are getitng it for $14.99-$19.99 which is amazing for a pair, I'm going to try a similar scam.

I needed new ones anyways, I wasn't aware of that coupon, nor do I know where a pep boys is, within reasonable distance. So it was either pay $40 for regular, or $50 for ultra.

Looks like they are the same temp, 9006's are 200 lumens brighter, where 9005 320 lumens brighter. They're selling for $30 ea. I need to buy some new ones cause my pass. blew. :nonono: If my local az has some I'll pick a pair up and get some pictures. Though I'll be doing the 9005 in lowbeam mod, so they'll look a tad different.

Where are you finding the lumens data? I can't find anything on the sylvania website about the Ultra's

cool blue's

cool blue's

I got a pair of cool blues, they actually look pretty damn good. also did the pro-burner fogs..looks sexy, amazing wat a $20 pair of fogs do

$20 lights from Wally World. Swap out a better set of bulbs, and you have a decent pair of fogs/DLs.
I have seen these and they do look good, but three questions:
Can these be mounted in the stock brackets, or what does it take to mount them?
What bulbs would you upgrade to?
Is there any problem with power draw on wiring with upgraded bulbs?

Pro-Burner Fog Lights...I got mine at advanced auto for $20 and some change. I didnt have stock brackets so i shoved the glass bulb in the cut out, bout maybe half inch and made my own brackets outta some pipe strap.

They look damn good for only $20 and i didnt see how the bulbs could be changed out. No issue with stock wiring, i grounded each bulb to the horns and ran the power directly into the h/l switch. So they come on with runnin lights.

Back