• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 07

Ok we need an actually planned schedule posted so I can figure vacation time up and figure out how to meet up with you guys. Most importantly figure out how to talk the wife into it

ok so i could work monday and tuesday take the rest of that week off and the following Monday and be good right

I am looking forward to going. Just got to see if I will have the budget to make the trip.

SHO up this year or else...

SHO up this year or else...

...or else it will make one more year the south has skipped it. If a guy can drive all the way from Oregon, you guys can surely make it:eek:

oh and another thing. like Roger/Klasse act mentioned...its been A LONG TIME since the SE has been to SZ so lets do our best to make it up there and rep the SE

The rooms sleep 4 if doing 2 to a bed ... i believe it's one king bed and one big fold out couch bed thing w/ room divider i think most the rooms are like that... sooo we could have 4 be cheaper that way. If I get definite people for a room then I'll go ahead and get one. I'd like the money in advance if possible cuz it would suck to get a room and then everyone drop out. Also, I'd like to go up a day ahead of time so we can do gingerman the next day, everyone cool with that? I plan on staying 4 nights. Wed night, thur nite frit nite sat nite and sunday nite drive up wed drive back monday.... is everyone else doing that?

does anyone have a game plan with dates and times yet ?

What: Spring Zing 2007
When: May 17-20
Where: Grand Rapids, MI
How much: $15 (T-shirt fees & ordering info to come in the future via Worldtour)
Hotel information: $74.95/night at Comfort Suites. More info under Additional Info.
Last day to register: May 10th.

List of events thus far:

Thursday:
Meet and Greet at Gingerman Raceway ($60 but could go up a little next year)

5pm until Sunset

Friday:
Dyno Day at AYA Racing. ($40-50) Payment amount and info to come later

US131 Dragway - $20 to race. $7 to watch. Track opens at 4PM. Bring cash to pay up front. If you want to race, we'll be leaving directly from the dyno to get an early start.

Saturday:
Show N Shine @ a place to be determined 12-5 PM. Judging will be from 3-4 PM.

Show N Shine Award Categories are:
Best SVT Contour of Show
Best Non SVT of Show
Best Forced Induction of Show
Best Interior of Show
Best Sound System of Show
Best Paint of Show
Best Engine Bay of Show
Best Troll of Show

Classes will be judged by everyone that registers.

Banquet at Comfort Suites
Award presentations, Door prizes, and Raffle

Sunday:
Either AutoX or karts at Craig's Cruisers or AJ's.

Optional:

Dyno Day: Dyno spots will be limited to 18 people. This will get you a minimum of three pulls on an AWD Mustang Dyno (So Evo and WRX guys can participate) and dyno graph read outs with air/fuel readings. If everyones has had a chance to dyno and we still have the place rented out, more pulls will be allowed to those who have prepaid. 113 octane is available in our area for those that are interested.

Drag Racing: $20 to race, $7 to watch. Helmet required for cars in the 13s. Going down US131. Pay on the spot.

How to register:

Before you make a payment its VERY important you include this information with your paypal payment or money order/personal check!

Information I need:
1. Your first and last name.
2. Your CEG name.
3. Which class you would like to be judged in the Show N Shine. You may only pick (1). List is available above with the Friday events.

Where to send registration money
Please send the total amount of $15 to todras@yahoo.com If you're sending a personal check or money order, please mail your payment to:

Todd Rasmussen
823 Norbert St., NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504

IMPORTANT: ALL sales are final! No Refunds!
Donations are welcome to cover costs of nametags, lanyards, etc.

Additional Info
Heres the info to book your rooms at Comfort Suites.

Comfort Suites
350 Dodge Street
Comstock Park, MI 49321

CEG'ers can call (800) 521-2121 to book reservations.

The cut-off date is 4/17, and prices go back up to $99.99 + tax.

Just say they you are with the "Ford Contour" group for the special rate.

Last edited:
Back