• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 07

csvtjohnga

Hard-core CEG'er
Alright. we all talked about it. BUT who is planning on it?

1-ME!!!!!!!!!

the SE hasnt been to SZ in quite awhile and i would love for us to show up in force this year. hell 3-6 cars would be great but alot more then that would be awesome

im in. i think we need to all show up together. maybe all meet in Louisville and head out together.

well the fla-ga ppl will meet somewhere in macon/atl and then head up. you could meet us in TN we'll figure that one out further down the line but lets all start planning etc..

well the fla-ga ppl will meet somewhere in macon/atl and then head up. you could meet us in TN we'll figure that one out further down the line but lets all start planning etc..

Sounds good. Atlanta would be a good meeting point. I was talking to Ross tonight about that and I would probably drive up Weds night and spend the night in Atlanta then meet anyone that is going the following morning.

As far as planning goes... I thought Thursday was the start of things, but I'm not sure now (not a lotta info in the SZ section yet). So depending on that, may make the drive up thursday, maybe leave really really really early. If something is going on, then drive up wednesday.
And people in Florida: To make it where you can drive up with our group and not worry about being overly tired or having to get a hotel, I SHOULD be able to let some of you stay at my house. We have an extra room and a pull out couch bed. I just have to argue with my mom (gotta do it with almost anything that ain't our normal routine) to allow it but it should be aight.

I have to think about it REALLY hard to see if I REALLY want to go.

I wish I could just say yes. But as of right now its just too much of a journey for me and my car.

When will it be closer, like Tennessee or Kentucky even.

kentucky would be sweet.

but there isnt a dang thing to do.

what happened last year is we all showed up thursday, hung out, had dinner, got drunk, went to bed late. friday we were at the dyno at 8am and then at about 4 we headed up to the drag strip. that night more hanging around getting drunk having fun. saturday morning everyone is running around trying to get ready for show and shine, lasts all day basically with the banquet being dinner. not sure what the schedule will be for this year but i imagine very similar.

as for the distance, last year marty (groovenerd) came all the way out to IN from oregon.

if those who are farther south want to meet up in atlanta and then come up through Ky i will meet you all along the way. maybe a stop for food somewhere depending on what time you plan on being in MI. my thoughts were if we could work it out to meet up with the WGL guys (hector and anyone not going by boat) in southern MI and then all of us head into Grand Rapids.

the route that mapquest takes you
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...GA&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Grand+Rapids&2s=MI&2z=&r=f

instead of getting the chicago guys we could pick up mark and jim from Ft wayne area as we pass through.

Just my thoughts

I really want to go to this depending on the state of my car at the time! I also would probably meet w/ you guys in ATL & ride up, but no promises. I have an Uncle that stays in Tarejo IN or however in the heck you spell it, & I was going to swing through there on the way back.

okay guys looking at the tentative schedule if you want to run gingerman or even eatch people run we need to be there earlier on thursday. not sure what time and im assuming we will find out later. if we have to be there early thursday then i will probably just leave here by myslef and either go up through ft wayne and maybe pick up mark and jim or go over towards chicago and meet up with hectors group. anybody who wants to join me is of course welcome to.

It's a 24+ hr drive if I leave right from my house. It's 21 hrs from Ocala I think. I was talking to Ross about metting that Thrs morning maybe in Atlanta then driving the rest of the way up. I am planning on getting a hotel for Weds night near Atlanta, the continue the trip. Dina said she was not going so if other SECEG members want to split a hotel near Atlanta that would work good.

It's a 24+ hr drive if I leave right from my house. It's 21 hrs from Ocala I think. I was talking to Ross about metting that Thrs morning maybe in Atlanta then driving the rest of the way up. I am planning on getting a hotel for Weds night near Atlanta, the continue the trip. Dina said she was not going so if other SECEG members want to split a hotel near Atlanta that would work good.
I'm driving Wednesday. Track day is Thursday.
And you're welcome to stay at my house if you don't wanna spend money on hotel.

Back