• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone need 2 cars?

I certainly wouldn't want to deal with 2 cars in those conditions. I'm already dealing with that now and it's a PITA

If i had the money, space, know how, time, etc I would jump on it. With the trans and engine already out it would be a great time to build a bulletproof trans and drop a 3l. With the SE i could just part it out and make money for parts on the svt

Well I have a set of green ones. there is some minor road rash. I also have five jack point covers. Just would need to get it all repainted.:shrug:

Let me know if either of you are interested.

Stick a 3L in the SVT, part out the SE. Don't know why you'd wanna put the SE engine in the SVT anyways.
Price, and probably a bit of ignorance. A Contour with a busted ATX is worth like $300, which makes for a cheap engine. Though the seller probably didn't know about the idea of 3L's and how cheap they can be obtained for.

i'd buy the set in a heartbeat if i could find some way of getting them up here...it would be a 500 mile trip for me one way...although i can haul 1 car, but not two...

i'd stick a 3L in the SVT and stick the ATX i can laying around in the SE, sell it and use that money to fund the SVT project...

oh well, still looking for an SVT project !

Where you from in Jersey?

I might be interested in bidding, but I only need the SVT rear bumper and SVT exhaust.

I don't need the whole SVT and I certainly don't need both cars.

Also, would it even be possible to put an Duratec engine with an auto transmission into an SVT? I thought this couldn't be done and I though it was nigh impossible to convert an auto to a manual.

Ah, Sicklerville. My wife is from Woodbury Heights and my in-laws now live in Glassboro. We're practically neighbors.

the svt body is in good shape with exception of small crease in lr quarter and left side skirt has piece broken from it,

AND THE DENT IN THE PASSENGER FENDER! Who knows what else.

Also, would it even be possible to put an Duratec engine with an auto transmission into an SVT? I thought this couldn't be done and I though it was nigh impossible to convert an auto to a manual.

yes you can ... the engine iteself is the same but you have either a flex plate or flywheel for an atx or a mtx ...

oh and ask aircougar as he just completed his 4th atx->mtx swap, all but the last one stayed with the stock 2.5, the last one also got a 3L and the power it has is :drool:

Stick a 3L in the SVT, part out the SE. Don't know why you'd wanna put the SE engine in the SVT anyways.

because if you where not going to go 3L, 2.5 SVT engines are expensive. also with the SVT cams, intake, etc on a SE engine it isn't that far off from the stock SVT in power ...

Back