• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Bay 'bling'

MScotts

CEG'er
DSCN4051b.jpg

Hi guys...

In this thread the question was asked who did the mirror-polished stainless steel parts in & around my engine bay. I've spoken Wooty, to the guy who does these, in order to see if he can make them available to CEG members in the USA... Wooty replied saying that he would be happy to take order enquiries via his website ( http://www.mondeosportsfabrications.org/ ) Please note, his site is currently under a re-vamp, so there's not so many pictures there atm...

im not a fan of all of the hose covering, I think personally it looks cheap but the rest looks really nice.

im not a fan of all of the hose covering, I think personally it looks cheap but the rest looks really nice.

Meh it's next to impossible to clean up the Duratec engine bay if you ask me. So any attempts are impressive :D I'm not a huge fan of the colored wire loom personally either.

I try and try to tidy up my engine bay but it always seems kinda cluttered. There's just so much going on in too small of space :dizzy:

I think the wire coverings make it look cleaned up.:shrug: I would definately go with the same color theme for my car that I have been. RED FTW!!!:laugh:

Otherwise the SS is sweet lookin. Complete SS coverings for the engine bay?:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Edit: What would be sweet, is to have the imrc cover with a SS cover over it with the "Duratec" lettering raised in the SS.:drool::drool:

Last edited:
I like the chrome... but I think it would be BAD ASS if someone did brushed aluminium.

What are those hoses? They sure don't look like wire loom. The clamps on the coolant overflow tank are over the blue hose which sure makes me think that they may not be wire loom. Are those aftermarket hoses? Painted stock hoses? I need close up pics!

Meh it's next to impossible to clean up the Duratec engine bay if you ask me. So any attempts are impressive :D I'm not a huge fan of the colored wire loom personally either.

I try and try to tidy up my engine bay but it always seems kinda cluttered. There's just so much going on in too small of space :dizzy:
The blue stuff has served its purpose guys, I'm not overly keen on it now either tbh. My aim over the winter is to replace it all with Stainless steel braided sleeving and hoses ready for the UK shows in 08 :cool:

I like the chrome... but I think it would be BAD ASS if someone did brushed aluminium.
ping Wooty an email and see if he can do that mate. His work is very high quality, and I'm sure he can easily do a brushed alu finish.

I think the wire coverings make it look cleaned up.:shrug: I would definately go with the same color theme for my car that I have been. RED FTW!!!:laugh:

Otherwise the SS is sweet lookin. Complete SS coverings for the engine bay?:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Edit: What would be sweet, is to have the imrc cover with a SS cover over it with the "Duratec" lettering raised in the SS.:drool::drool:
Nice idea that, but tbh, I'd really like to get hold of a Carbon Fiber IMRC cover matey.

you could try a wire tuck like the tuner guys do, search for it on google or suttin. it looks really really nice but its very time consuming

What are those hoses? They sure don't look like wire loom. The clamps on the coolant overflow tank are over the blue hose which sure makes me think that they may not be wire loom. Are those aftermarket hoses? Painted stock hoses? I need close up pics!
Samco supply the coloured coolant hoses as kits, and Race-Bits sell cable loom sheath kits mate...

Last edited:
my website is coming along after some numb nuts hacked it up and lost most of my bling pics.
any info on stainless covers for your duratecs please mail me on mondeosport@fsmail.net

Attachments

• 08072006072 (Small) (Small) (Custom).jpg
    08072006072 (Small) (Small) (Custom).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
that pic is so small i cant even tell if its a car:laugh:

love the samco hoses. dont know if i like the covers or not yet. must see more detailed pics

I've never been a fan of the loom-covers. I think the Samco kit is perfect for what the car needs, a little color without overdoing it. Of course I'm probably a little biased. :shrug:

FWIW, the car in the first post doesn't not have a Samco hose kit, the hoses have been covered by loom.

the samco hose kits only come in coolant variety in the uk as far as i know,theyre not cheap either.

I know....i have one on my SVT. Hence my comment about importing being easy if you've got the cash. IMO, they're worth every penny. :drool:

Your products look great BTW.

Back