• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

contour svt???... b/s

pensonnick

New CEG'er
where do i start... well how about i just got back from the dyno, and im sadly dissapponted to say that i ran a 125hp and 140tq in an svt contour with a brand new engine. i have no idea what is going on. i pinned the imrc open to see what it would run. the old one is bad and im going to change it, but seeing how they where open i think it sould have done much more. based on expeirience what is the first step to getting this car back to running, cause i cant drive like this. it absolutly made no power on the dyno at all. what do i do

ouch:blackeye:

give more details
engine replacement info. was an svt motor installed?
any running issues besides being slow as balls?

First thing that comes to mind is secondaries.. make sure your cable is connected and IMRC is working.

yes it is an svt block, brand new, it runs smooth all the way up to about 5.5 then almost nothing. it does run like it,s sucking in too much air cause at low rpm it gargles for power and its like the power wont be released. i think its in the intake area. everything else runs great. sounds as if its getting to much air or somethig but i wouldin se it losing 40 hp.

also on my dyno plot, the graph is very static-e..., and sorta straight and at 4k it stays consistant and doent change like on the others i/,ve seen on the site

Then its more than likely secondaries

Scroll down to "I" read the IMRC threads
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showpost.php?p=76&postcount=1

Also check directly on the Lower intake to see if the cable is hooked up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Sp[PkF]Beans/stupid.jpg?t=1194721897
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/Sp[PkF]Beans/LIMcablespring.jpg?t=1194721881

Last edited:
even if the imrc dont open, then theoretically is should still do more that 125 shouldnt it?

not really, without the imrc, the engine runs like crud, mine were closed and my wifes zetec was faster then my svt when i didnt have the imrc's working properly...

not really, without the imrc, the engine runs like crud, mine were closed and my wifes zetec was faster then my svt when i didnt have the imrc's working properly...

+1

My car didn't throw a code right away when this happened and I couldn't figure out WTF was going on. MAJOR power loss.

thanks for the help guy, i checked the linkage and it was really lose, and they werent even onening correctly. so im gonna change the whole system out and see how that helps but tanks again cause i was about to have a really bad day. thank you. ill let you all know how it goes though

It would really help if you would tell us what year the SVT is. You could be describing a fuel loss problem. If it is a late 99 or 00 with returnless fuel system, you may have the dreaded plugged fuel pump module inlet screen.

It ALWAYS helps us in helping you if we know the year, model, engine, trans, etc. In your case, an SVT we know it is a V6 with manual trans, but we still don't know the year, and that can be critical.

yeAH, thanks again guys. i have a 98 e0, but im pretty sure it is the secondaries after looking closer. i wAS SARTING TO GET WORRIED. i'll let you all know how it goes seeing how we just got the new dyno in town. :)

Back