• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A worthy SVT replacement?

hey there little guy (Mx Racer) get your :censored: right I wasn't talking about the power ster pump, but I guess that is the only thing that you know of in a car that has to do with power steering!!:nonono:

Who in the hell do you think you are? Come back when you finish grammar school and have some factual information to post. :rolleyes:

Shawn if Pete passes then let me know. I want one so bad. White paint as well. :drool: I never looked up power specs on those and I don't even really care.

Shawn if Pete passes then let me know. I want one so bad. White paint as well. :drool: I never looked up power specs on those and I don't even really care.

Put me in line somewhere for it! Don't let that car get away. Especially if the SVT will still be around.

its an I4 putting down 200ish horsepower.

really an impressive motor, I saw one of these cars a while back when I went to a parts yard on 9 mile, but it didnt look nearly as good. I have pics of it in my cell phone, but I am much too lazy to upload them.

Plus my head hurts.

Dang, I leave for a couple days and this thread explodes, lol. Guess I need to post more threads with some of the nice BMW's I see in them, like the couple of M6's and new M5's we have around, or the several E46 M3's...
I never called the guy this weekend, was out of town visiting the fiance and such and didn't make time for it. I may have to write down the list of people who want it, heh. So, to add to the frenzy, here's some pics of it I took about a month back. And according to wikipedia Todd, the M3 originally had a 2.3L 4, producing around 170 bhp. I believe some later models had around 200 bhp with some revised cams and such. The tech that works on this one told me that either the current owner or previous put in some cams and lowering springs and stuff. I know it also has 4 point harnesses installed that anchor to the rear parcel shelf and judging by that and the SCCA stickers on it, I imagine it has done some kind of competion before.

100_0774.jpg

100_0772.jpg

100_0769.jpg

Then just for fun, how about some pics of the BMW racer in our showroom...this is a customers car that I guess we're storing for the winter in our showroom. After that, some attempts at kind of artsy M6 shots.
100_0996.jpg

100_0997.jpg

100_0998.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0988.jpg

From a search it looks like 0-60 is about 6.8. About the same as an SVT. Not bad. Looks like you moved on from the Ford dealership. Nice.

Actually Todd, still there. We sell Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda and BMW. I now see so many Bimmers everyday I'm almost numb to them.

i was up in the traverse city last year about this time and saw that car at your dealership.. beautiful car..
funny story, last year i was looking int he grand rapids press and came across an add for a "bmw, dont know the year, 76,000 miles $2,000." so i went over to look at it, and some kid who coincidently lives about a mile away form my house bought it about a half an hour before i went over there.. so im drivin home and i see the car after he had descried it to me, it was defintly an 88 M3, black, in rough shape paint wise but i ewnt and talked to the kid and it runs simply amazing.. the story goes that this arab guy had it left to him by his brother, and it say for like 8 years and he didnt konw what it was.. my friend went to the kids house with 5,000 cash and offered to buy it and the kid knew exactly what he had bought and was like hell no.. now i have to drive by the house everyday and see the car thought could have been mine.. sucha heart breaker

From a search it looks like 0-60 is about 6.8. About the same as an SVT. Not bad.

Yeah, they do high 14s stock in the 1/4. Not a real striaght liner, but that isn't what it was meant to be. I guess they are a hoot to drive.

^^^^^^
Geez, I think I just described the SVT.

There are a lot of mods though including a 2.5 euro conversion. Like always we didn't get the best model here in the us. I think they had an evolution 3 that made ~240hp. Something like that I can't remember.

I would.

But for that same money you could get very close to a beat ebay E36 M3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...006QQitemZ160179466633QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...010QQitemZ200166528575QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Or how bout a beat 328is for 7k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...017QQitemZ270180204070QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Granted that E30 is a collectible and Im sure the value will go up seriously in a few. SCOOP ONE IF YOU CAN.

But I wouldn't pay old rich fart money for one.....

Either that or a E36 M3.....

Last edited:
i was up in the traverse city last year about this time and saw that car at your dealership.. beautiful car..

Yeah usually when it comes in, it ends up sitting there for a few weeks waiting to get picked up. We had it most of the winter one year. I've tried calling the owner a couple times, haven't been able to talk to him. have talked to what I presume was his wife once and his receptionist another, both seemed very nice, lol. I'm thinking the guy is a lawyer, and the lady I think is his wife told me he had mentioned possibly selling it. Now if I can just get ahold of the guy...

Back