• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A worthy SVT replacement?

NorMich99SE

CEG'er
No, I didn't buy this, it's a car that has been coming to our dealership (F,L,M, BMW and Mazda) for service for many years and I have lusted over it almost every time it comes in. It was in yesterday and I was talking with the tech working on it and he told me the current owner has mentioned possibly selling it in the spring. I got his contact info from the tech and plan on calling him this weekend, lol. What do you guys think, worth selling a 00 SVT for this, with ~90K on the clock?
100_1127.jpg

100_1126.jpg

100_1129.jpg

100_1128.jpg

You are joking right? If you can afford what he will probably want to sell it for there should be no question. "The real M3" is highly sought after, but has been known to dissapoint those who only care about straight line. Fortunately you probably care about more than straight line performance since you're driving an svt contour.

That car is in too good condition to be driven through Michigan winters. I'd get a winter beater (or keep the SVT) if I were buying that.

What do you guys think, worth selling a 00 SVT for this, with ~90K on the clock?

Sure we love our tours, but don't be a fool! If the car checks out mechanically (and since you guys are the mechanics, I'm sure you can get a sound inspection) and the price is justified...buy buy buy!

First off, I should note that the questions I asked in the first posted should be dripping with sarcasm. Trust me, if I'm in any way financially able to get this car, I will. I've been eyeing it and wanting it for some 3 years now.
The SVT would likely be "sold" to my fiance to get her out of her 96 Vulcan powered taurus and I do have a winter beater. Here's a pic of that, just for laughs
100_0052.jpg

First off, I should note that the questions I asked in the first posted should be dripping with sarcasm. Trust me, if I'm in any way financially able to get this car, I will. I've been eyeing it and wanting it for some 3 years now.
The SVT would likely be "sold" to my fiance to get her out of her 96 Vulcan powered taurus and I do have a winter beater. Here's a pic of that, just for laughs
100_0052.jpg

i love the winter beater! and i'd love to find a nice m3 like that!

The M3 has bald street tires, although a competition type tire, don't remember what exactly, but something like a parada.

To my fellow HolyRoller, thanks on the beater, it's fun and I have $600 into so far including the paint, lol. You'd especially like the plate that's now on the front, HOLYRLN

amazing...

But you have any idea what its going to cost to maintain?

Seeing that its coming into his dealership its being/been maintained already. Considering how well its made/engineered it should be a wash when/if something goes bad with it:shrug:

Jared, something like this would make a great car for you, think outside the box:idea:

dude don't buy a BMW their parts prices are out there just because they are a BMW. Like a power stearing is $1500 for a rebuilt one, this has happened on my brothers friend 328 bmw.

hey there little guy (Mx Racer) get your :censored: right I wasn't talking about the power ster pump, but I guess that is the only thing that you know of in a car that has to do with power steering!!:nonono:

Last edited:
Back