• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Front Bumper

CJ2000

New CEG'er
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap front bumper for my 2000 SVT. I got in a little fender bender recently and would like to fix it as cheap as possible.

Thanks.

look around for someone that does plastic bumper repairs.

I had this one repaired from my wreck for $125 including shipping.

DSCF0802.jpg

Talk to the person that is doing it too. If they tell you they just melt some other plastic over it, spread it around and hope it holds, it is going to be a waste of time.

Mine was repaired properly by doing whatever it is they do. You can't tell where it was repaired at all, it was reprimered black and retains it's flexibilty. As you can tell from the picture, mine was split right at the middle. I can pick it up by the middle and carry it like that and have no problems. Even the gouges from the struts from the truck were repaired.

You could PROBABLY look in the first thread you made... you know.. the one in the OTHER forum... before you cross posted this..

Stick to one forum... don't cross post... mkay? kay.. Welcome to CEG, and good luck on your bumper situation.

You could PROBABLY look in the first thread you made... you know.. the one in the OTHER forum... before you cross posted this..

Stick to one forum... don't cross post... mkay? kay.. Welcome to CEG, and good luck on your bumper situation.

:) I didn't know which room the post should be in. And appreciate the welcome, more of a welcome back really, have been on for about 7 years. Sorry for the cross-posting though.

Back