• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UT CCW

In my opinion, 'it's better to have one and not need it, than need one and not have it'. With all of the scum bags out there that ARE packing illegal firearms, I wouldn't be caught without a sidearm. There are just too many loosers with nothing to loose that would do anything to get what they want or to get away from the law, if you get caught up in it..... you're SOL w/o CCW IMO :D
I

loosers? lol
it's definitely worth having though. just check on your local laws for where you can carry, you may find it an inconvenience having to take it off every time you have to run into mcdonald's, the bank, etc.

Yeah all the scum bags in Utah...:shrug: In Phoenix we have open carry policy. If it's on your belt in plain sight, it's good to go. Just like the wild west.

Yes, but the CCW instructors always recommend against that. Theoretically, someone could sue you because they were threatened by you, and they were "concerned" for their safety.

After renewing mine year after year, I finally let it expire. In the car, you can have it anywhere and you don't need a CCW. There are way too many places that forbid firearms, so it always had to be left behind in the car.

Though... the primary time where I did like it is when I'm shooting in the middle of the desert. I always prefer to have a loaded concealed firearm.... paranoid that someone will try to steal my guns as soon as I'm out of ammo.

In my opinion, 'it's better to have one and not need it, than need one and not have it'. With all of the scum bags out there that ARE packing illegal firearms, I wouldn't be caught without a sidearm. There are just too many loosers with nothing to loose that would do anything to get what they want or to get away from the law, if you get caught up in it..... you're SOL w/o CCW IMO :D
I

+1 on that!

I have it, I carry. But not all the time. Sounds strange I know, 'cause you never know if or when you'll ever need it.

But if you are serious about it, I'd recommend contacting chris@strategictacticalgroup.com
He's a good friend and he has other courses n' stuff also.

Yeah all the scum bags in Utah...:shrug: In Phoenix we have open carry policy. If it's on your belt in plain sight, it's good to go. Just like the wild west.

Yes, all of the scum bags in Utah. As shocking as it might seem, Salt Lake City doesn't have the Andy Griffith Show theme song piped through the streets on loop, while people skip along with perma-grins. I know it might seem that way to some, considering the reputation people generally give Utah. :laugh:

I personally have come very close to getting killed. 1/3 of the people I considered friends while growing up are now dead and I'm only 27.
*The most recent one, my friend Favy was killed at her hair salon while some POS tried to rob her a few months ago.
*About a month ago, I was remodeling a house where the home owner murdered his wife and then killed himself while I was in their home! "Luckily for me", I only had to hear the whole thing happen and listen to his wife bellow like an animal until he was able to kill her, and then himself.
*I also had my knee FUBAR'd because a truck tried to hit me while I was getting out of my CSVT, but my door got smashed shut around my leg instead and threw me back into my car. 2 knee surgeries and about $25K later, I've still got a knee that isn't a 100% just yet.
*Some guys tried to carjack me for my Eclipse GSX at a stop light, I paniced and dumped the clutch at redline and got away with no glass in my car and somewhat unscaved.
*Like Scot pointed out, the Trolley Square shootings. Trolley Square is an upscale indoor/outdoor mall in a trendy part of Salt Lake near the University of Utah. Some messed up 17 y.o kid went in with a 12 GA, a 9mm and a backpack of ammo and started to randomly killing and wounding people. He was taken out by an off-duty police officer, but not soon enough.

I've got lots of other examples of crappy situations like that, but many of those are due to poor decision making skills I atribute to being a teenager. :eek:

My whole point is that the world is not a warm fuzzy place. There are a lot of messed up people (Yes, loosers) that aren't above killing you or hurting you if you get in their way of what they're after. Wether it be them trying to get their freedom after robbing a 7-11 for $20 and a snickers bar, or them car jacking you for s***s and giggles..... there are people that simply have nothing to loose. But, *I*, have lots to loose and I won't let any of it to be taken away, if I can do anything about it. :shrug:

Back