• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

people fuggin suck!!

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
to start off the day, i had a stoopid training course for work.
i was going to stay home the rest of the day to try and finish the bathroom renovation by this weekend.
but i decided not to.

well i got stuck at work late and just got home at 5:25, i am usually home around 4
and what do i see when i pull up, my trash barrel flattened in the street!
WTMFFP?!?!
its a big 32 gallon sears rubber thing and it was flattened!!!
of course its the only one i have with handles that havent been ripped off by the friggin trash guys, but now the thing wont stand up straight and it is torn down the sides!!!

who the **** cant avoid a trash barrelif it is in the street?
the mother****ers that go down my street at fuggin90!!!
i wish i had stayed home and witnessed it!
i would have beat the mother****er with the barrel!!!

[/rant off]

I hate people too....and no one even flattened my trash can! And I soooooo want to rant about how I hate politics because I'm toooooo interested.

i am going to go out and buy a couple of those big heavy metal ones!
but with my luck they will still hit it!
there are always large pick up trucks flying down my street and it had to have been one of them.
i can't wait to get out of here.
trash barrels get run over...
trash gets thrown in my yard...
mail gets stolen...
every Sunday is extremely loud spanish music day on the next street...
jack-arses drive 90 down my street...
punk **** heads kick over lawn and leaf bags full of leaves...
and there are tons more but i cant think right now.

Post bath renovation pics. I'm doing mine too. Just need to put up a few more pieces of tile and put up the grout. I'm just renovating the tub area. Some genius decided a paneling like substance was a good idea. It's about as waterproof as a piece of cardboard.

Post bath renovation pics. I'm doing mine too. Just need to put up a few more pieces of tile and put up the grout. I'm just renovating the tub area. Some genius decided a paneling like substance was a good idea. It's about as waterproof as a piece of cardboard.

come out to the Hallyweenie party on Saturday and see for yourself.
And bring that Mark guy with you too. :)

yeah i have been meaning to post some pics.
this has been a 3 week renovation!
the guy who built the house and added the bathroom was a hack!
he built the whole thing out of 2x3s and each electrical fixture is on a differernt circuit in the house.
doing a complete reno on the room, new shower, new terlet, new floor and new vanity.
i started putting up sheetrock last night.
i need about 2 more sheets to finish it.
then the subflorr goes down and then the floor tiles, then the terlet and vanity.
i am hoping to at least have sheetrock and fixtures in by saturday.

the more i pulled apart the worse it got, rotted walls, rotted floors, wiring nightmares, plumbing nightmares.
blah
hehe

Thank goodness my house is all block/cement including the walls or I'm sure mine would be hacked the same way. The bathroom is the only thing I really had to mess with that was botched. It's really fun when your buddy decides to take the valve off and the water isn't shut off! LMAO! He got soaked trying to shove it back in. Had to run and shut off the main line.

The tile flooring throughout has some "hollow" tiles but none have broken. Just sounds funny when you drop something on it. I get to do part of a roof on my dad's house this weekend. Wind decided to take off some shingles.

dougy..downstairs bathroom.
it will actually have a sink in it and not extra toilet pieces instead!

since i am going to sell in a couple of years, i am just putting down the self stick floor tiles.
i did them in my other bathroom and havent had any real problems with them.

roofing is fun!!
thats another major project i have to do.
blah

good luck with the house project. Don't feel too bad. I think every house has to have something wrong. The light switches in the second floor of the town house I live in dont control the lights. One switch cuts the power to my tv, and the other cuts the power to my router.

To solve your trash can problem: buy another cheap plastic trash can. Leave it out on the street near the curb. Fill it with rocks. Some idiots will think its funny to knock over trash cans....and then they get rocks to the face and a f'd up car!

sounds like you plugged your tv and router into switched outlets.
a lot of older houses and i guess some new ones, mostly houses without ceiling lights will have outlets in the room controlled by a switch.
that's so you can plug a lamp in and control it with a switch.

that would be a great idea about the rocks, except my trash guys would probably empty the rocks into the trash truck and then throw the can back on the street and someone would run it over again.
haha

a lot of older houses and i guess some new ones, mostly houses without ceiling lights will have outlets in the room controlled by a switch.
that's so you can plug a lamp in and control it with a switch.
I have that in my 7 yr old house. What a pain in the ars. I wish the builder/original owner had paid a couple hundred extra for ceiling fixtures.

Back