• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When to switch from summer to winter tires

Put mine on 1.5 weeks ago. But honestly it depends on how you feel. One year I put them on in October (we got snow in Oct.) I did not want to bescrewed. My summer tires are horrible on ice and snow. If you trust them enough to get you to where you need to go to put them on then you can wait. I have had to drive 100 miles on summer tires in crappy conditions, and it was scary as hell, so I always try to do it a week or so in advance.

Put mine on 1.5 weeks ago. But honestly it depends on how you feel. One year I put them on in October (we got snow in Oct.) I did not want to bescrewed. My summer tires are horrible on ice and snow. If you trust them enough to get you to where you need to go to put them on then you can wait. I have had to drive 100 miles on summer tires in crappy conditions, and it was scary as hell, so I always try to do it a week or so in advance.

lol ya those tires prob arent any good in the snow

Watched some snow fall last night...SVT is hopefully parked as of tomorrow. If I were you I'd switch tires now.

lol ya those tires prob arent any good in the snow
Yeah nice cuts in the side wall, tire rot like crazy! I wasn't planning on keeping them for next year anyways though. I have learned my lessons in the past by keeping summer tires on too long. I was afraid I was going to come back from my trip to snow.

Yeah nice cuts in the side wall, tire rot like crazy! I wasn't planning on keeping them for next year anyways though. I have learned my lessons in the past by keeping summer tires on too long. I was afraid I was going to come back from my trip to snow.

thats what happens when you drive 2k miles in 4 yrs:cool:

Back