• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What I am missing out on

Lord Stanley

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok, take a look at this picture... As you can see, the light for my gas gauge is very dim... Also, my gas light has never come on even though the gauge has gotten into the red... I assume that the gas light is one of the lights in the red square... Since I have never seen anything else light up there maybe that section of the dash is blown or whatever... So I was just wondering what the other lights there are for, just incase there is anything important, LOL...

Picture.jpg

Ah, that explains that then... My car also does not have ABS or traction control, so maybe there is nothing there :troutslap:

If that is the case it is not worth pulling it apart since the gas gauge in this picture is dimmer than in real life, and I can live with the way it is...

not sure about that cluster but I am pretty sure there is nothing on that side of the cluster (the area you boxed in red) that is used in the contour, they are lights for options available on the mondeo. otherwise the low coolant light and TC light would be between the CEL and airbag light. I am guessing that the abs light would be between the two light on the upper right.

if you go to a ford website, something about owners connection, I forget, but you can down load an owners manual since it sounds like you don't have one ...

oh, btw, your missing a tach :laugh:

Just check my cluster, all your lights are working, there's nothing down there. Also, mine doesn't have a gas light. i think brapple was right, indicating that since you guys have post 98s, your gauges are different.

Well you are not going to believe this, but the light behind my gas gauge works now :shrug:

I do not get that, LOL... It did not work the first three weeks I had the car, and then I noticed it was working on my way home from college tonight... Loose connection? Weird, LOL...

Damn. You guys would laugh at mine. Nearly none of my lights work...Some a$$hole mechanic took out my CEL bulb and we used the seat belt bulb in place of it. I'll take a pic of my car in accessory mode and post it, lol.

Well, I took everything apart because I am in the process of changing out my instument cluster... I noticed some odd lights... There is one with a fan, which I assume is the low-coolant light... There are two other lights though that I just do not get... One looks like a shock, and the other says "SPORT"... Just out of curiosity, what are these for?

Back