• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

painting hood

99SE

CEG'er
My hood is nasty. Any ideas on how much it would cost to paint? I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I hope this shows up. If so I'll get another.

This hood seems to have been repainted before and I think someone didn't care about their work. They didn't sand down the old paint and looks as if they just painted over there existing paint and after 50k miles later the newest paint is coming off. It looks horrible.

really depends on where you are located, you need to shop around ...

but like the bumper thread that was just started, I'd say a few hundred for a quality job

I'm trying to upload a full shot of the hood. I was hoping that I could get it for around $100 but that price is probably out the window.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
It has spots all over. The lower right side above the drivers headlight has some wierd oxidation under the paint. All in all it's horrible.

I don't know why I can't get my picture to be crystal clear when its big on the page. I have a 6 megapixal camera. It definetly shoots high def pictures and these look horrible when its big. Any help?

Last edited:
i paid 170 for mine to be repainted, they compltely stripped the old paint off, primed, painted, and cleared, looks good, so jsut shop around!

This past summer when we painted my Tbird...for enough to do the hood, both bumper covers, side skirts, front fenders, rear trunklid, and the spoiler. I paid right around $170 for it all...

1 gallon reducer
1 gallon thinner
2 quarts acryllic gloss black
2 quarts primer
2 pints hardener

That was enough to do it all...even two coats of black on some pieces.

This past summer when we painted my Tbird...for enough to do the hood, both bumper covers, side skirts, front fenders, rear trunklid, and the spoiler. I paid right around $170 for it all...

1 gallon reducer
1 gallon thinner
2 quarts acryllic gloss black
2 quarts primer
2 pints hardener

That was enough to do it all...even two coats of black on some pieces.

Hey 281, who did this work for you? I'm assuming you did this yourself? I'm in need of some paint.

Me and my dad did it. He did the spraying and I did all the prepwork. My neighbor had a makeshift paintbooth setup at the time that he painted his big boat in over the winter. I got the paint from a place in Winchester...can't think of the name right now, but it wasn't far from the Apple Blossom Mall.

Back