• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bought a M90

spoken like a true kit installation novice!

I can assume you've never delved in to the nightmare than can be an installation of something that wasn't ever offered for the car

It may have instructions, or even a walkthrough.. but its never as simple as it seems..

Honestly it seems as if Nautilus put everything together well and are willing to talk to you to walk threw any "problems" that might arise. The hardest part I would assume would be the exhaust manifold and battary relocation....and tapping for oil.....and running wires etc. A pain the rear for sure, but nothing that would make it impossible for an weekend mechanic to do.

But then again I would accidently set it for like 25 psi and blow my engine apart.

installing a nautilus kit? one good saturday and i could have that done. we're talking about me building a custom roots blower setup like joey is doing. something tells me he's taking his sweet time and i'm not going to wait that long. especially when CSVT49 works at a great company that has more advanced tools at their disposal and time to mess around after hours. i can make something work well. its just a matter of taking care of the people that spend their time on it.

so why wouldnt i wait? well i dont have all the time in the world. someday soon i'll be making the big bucks and i plan to have a classic to work on, and a terminator in the garage too. when that does happen, when am i going to have ambition to work on the contour?

something tells me he's taking his sweet time and i'm not going to wait that long.

wow..

You should see how late he's up every night after work... every weekend all day, and then every day all day on his days off. (most of the time, until 12, 1, or 2am even on work days!)

Something tells me you underestimate how long it will take you to get this kit done, if you think he is taking his "sweet time"

But then again I would accidently set it for like 25 psi and blow my engine apart.

That statement alone shows how much knowledge you have on this subject.
There is much more to this kit then you know, alot has to be fabbed and not every car will go together like joeys. My question to you is, do you even change your own oil?

That statement alone shows how much knowledge you have on this subject.
There is much more to this kit then you know, alot has to be fabbed and not every car will go together like joeys. My question to you is, do you even change your own oil?

Nope don't know how to change my own oil. Never changed a transmission on a mustang either. Or rebuilt the front of my 95 myself after I hit a deer. Nope haven't done any of that. I know nothing about cars at all. I can take apart almost anything and put it back together without instructions. So don't try and "bash" me on not knowing how to do anything on a car.

Last edited:
wow..

You should see how late he's up every night after work... every weekend all day, and then every day all day on his days off. (most of the time, until 12, 1, or 2am even on work days!)

Something tells me you underestimate how long it will take you to get this kit done, if you think he is taking his "sweet time"

let me clarify.

taking his sweet time on the CONTOUR stuff.

he's got mustang, mazda 6, volvo, and whatever else going but he cant be putting much time into the contour blower as of lately. dont get me wrong i'm not bashing him. he's got stuff that needs to be done first, or more importantly, because he'll sell more stuff for mustangs than a contour.

if your going to sit back and tell me i can't do it, save it, and dont ask me for one when it's done ;)

let me clarify.

he's got mustang, mazda 6, volvo, and whatever else going but he cant be putting much time into the contour blower as of lately. dont get me wrong i'm not bashing him. he's got stuff that needs to be done first, or more importantly, because he'll sell more stuff for mustangs than a contour.

if your going to sit back and tell me i can't do it, save it, and dont ask me for one when it's done ;)

psssst. he has a turbo :laugh:

that part wasnt pointed at ray.... sorry.

that was meant for all the other guys that will tell me i cant do it and are N/A.

that part wasnt pointed at ray.... sorry.

that was meant for all the other guys that will tell me i cant do it and are N/A.

Hey - when you are making stuff, make duplicates :laugh: I bough the M90 because I may use it on the contour, I may use it on the 4x4. CSVT49 and TRicker are resourceful -

let me clarify.

Well I figured I would clarify something yes you are half-way right I am working alot of R&D projects and beleive me the time to develop a SC on the engine will take alot of time to build. The first thing I like to point put to even a person like me or even a large shop you are talking about two months of time to build the SC kit. The intial cost of any R&D is like thousands of dollars in labor and setup cost. All my R&D projects so far arre over 5k just in research,tools,jigs and parts per project. If you can find someone to build you a kit from scratch and not charge you more than the 5k you better jump on it and committ to a time frame because they will only work on it on their spare time.

I am up all night while most of us are sleeping just keeping up with orders but I still have the raw aluminum, Eaton, precision tools, graph paper etc sitting on top of the 3.0 liter motor. I assure you that the SC will be done I have more mazda guys, escape guys, contour guys waiting for this kit than I wave a stick at. I will have this part done next because my machinist just finished the brackets on the mustang kit and then the mill get the duratec SC project. I really will say that a turbo kit is far easier to build than a SC kit since you can just weld it on the car.

I must say that my business is 90% contour/cougar/mondeo now which has not failed me yet. I have one more new project that will be offered this month a cold air intake dynoed proven to get you gains for a very nice price. I will continue to make parts for our cars till the cars go missing. joey

Well I figured I would clarify something yes you are half-way right I am working alot of R&D projects and beleive me the time to develop a SC on the engine will take alot of time to build. The first thing I like to point put to even a person like me or even a large shop you are talking about two months of time to build the SC kit. The intial cost of any R&D is like thousands of dollars in labor and setup cost. All my R&D projects so far arre over 5k just in research,tools,jigs and parts per project. If you can find someone to build you a kit from scratch and not charge you more than the 5k you better jump on it and committ to a time frame because they will only work on it on their spare time.

I am up all night while most of us are sleeping just keeping up with orders but I still have the raw aluminum, Eaton, precision tools, graph paper etc sitting on top of the 3.0 liter motor. I assure you that the SC will be done I have more mazda guys, escape guys, contour guys waiting for this kit than I wave a stick at. I will have this part done next because my machinist just finished the brackets on the mustang kit and then the mill get the duratec SC project. I really will say that a turbo kit is far easier to build than a SC kit since you can just weld it on the car.

I must say that my business is 90% contour/cougar/mondeo now which has not failed me yet. I have one more new project that will be offered this month a cold air intake dynoed proven to get you gains for a very nice price. I will continue to make parts for our cars till the cars go missing. joey

This was the same person that bashed you in your turbo kit thread in the group buy forum. Even then he mentioned it would take you forever to finish the turbo kit and behold, you finished it in 6months.

I don't have to type anymore. You can see your old posts and witness yourself how disrespectful this person has been to you before.

gime a break you loser. i'm not the one hyping up hundreds of people on something that is so far away from being complete, its ridiculous. blackcoog has a working setup on his car right now! who was talking smack about that again? you guys make me sick. jump on my ass because i ask a question, THAT WASNT EVEN MEANT FOR YOU. you guys are hilarious.

and just so you all know, i am only considering selling my car at this point to buy another CSVT. if you are wondering why i havent gotten my supercharger going it is because it happens to be damn near february in MN and everything is frozen. i cant keep the car on the road as it is. blackcoog is in the same boat. the difference is blackcoog doesnt have hundreds of people ALL HYPED UP about something that is MONTHS away from completion. his setup PROBABLY IS months from completion, but i sure dont see him on CEG hyping everyone up. and even when they do, most of you CEG'ers are going nuts like babies worried about tuning, complaining about what you want changed in the kit, and everything else you can think of. it's pretty sad.

either way, its cool you guys are building a kit. i'm happy you strive for contour aftermarket. and someday if i was going turbo i would definately buy your kit. if i bought your kit i would install it myself, in my garage, and i wouldnt cry if one bolt didnt go together perfect, and i would tune it myself, and i wouldnt cry about cost. you gotta pay to play, i guess im sick of cheapos on CEG complaining and then jumping on everyone else when you ruin there dream of making 900HP for 5$.

Tricker..... i don't see why you don't buy blackcoogs supercharger?

Last edited:
blackcoog's pricing is a little high for my liking. it's not his fault, you'll never get a better deal on a supercharger like that. the head unit is just so expensive.

Harry, before you go jumping on my back making me look like a bad guy, read my post a little more. all i said was that joey has enough other things going on that it might take longer than i want to wait for the blower. i want it by spring. i never bashed joey like you said i did. he has always been helpful to me, and very nice, and always answers the phone when i have stupid questions. in michigan, we hung out and i even got a ride in his car. come to think of it, he offered me his ADC kit for cheaper than he sold it for, and i passed it up. so why would you say that i'm sitting here bashing him? i have the upmost respect for the guy. he's doing things most of us cant, and making it so we can all have something that gives results. i'm not trying to make enemies here, im just saying that joey has other things he's working on. don't jump on me because i think i can do something "myself" when i really have more help than i could ask for, and basically any tool i would need.

i agree... why discourage someone for trying somthing on their own..... so what if someone else is building a similar kit....there will always be somthing different not two kits will be the same from scratch.....just let tricker roll with it and see how he does....you never know maybe he might find a cheaper way of doing a kit....you never know until someone sets the effort and actually does it.......

lol you guys are all crazy. You don't just throw a turbo on and drive off. You gotta tune and tune and tune, then you tune some more. One day it will be tuned perfect about 2 years down the road. I just turbo'd a probe GT I got into it because it seemed so easy at first like ok i gotta get a bov, wastegate, turbo, and FMIC. It was nothing like that at all...

i agree... why discourage someone for trying somthing on their own..... so what if someone else is building a similar kit....there will always be somthing different not two kits will be the same from scratch.....just let tricker roll with it and see how he does....you never know maybe he might find a cheaper way of doing a kit....you never know until someone sets the effort and actually does it.......

Amen to that...

lol you guys are all crazy. You don't just throw a turbo on and drive off. You gotta tune and tune and tune, then you tune some more. One day it will be tuned perfect about 2 years down the road. I just turbo'd a probe GT I got into it because it seemed so easy at first like ok i gotta get a bov, wastegate, turbo, and FMIC. It was nothing like that at all...

It took you 2 years to tune a car? Fail

haha! amen to THAT. yeah, it could take two years to tune a car. but it could take a couple hours or even a couple weekends to do it right by having someone with lots of experience do it.

nope. it got longer. now that you started, you have to get:

Koni Kit
Wheels
Big Brakes
Short Shifter
Boost
Nitrous
big MAF
Injectors
Walbro 255
Carbon fiber goods
Big exhaust

then you can be done. well then you should get racing seats....they hold you in the seat better. but only with harnesses, but then you need a harness bar, then you need to get strut tower braces, and camber adjusters

you see where i'm going with all this? it never ends!

nope. it got longer. now that you started, you have to get:

Koni Kit
Wheels
Big Brakes
Short Shifter
Boost
Nitrous
big MAF
Injectors
Walbro 255
Carbon fiber goods
Big exhaust

then you can be done. well then you should get racing seats....they hold you in the seat better. but only with harnesses, but then you need a harness bar, then you need to get strut tower braces, and camber adjusters

you see where i'm going with all this? it never ends!

I plan on getting the Koni - eventually
I'm getting some nice Aussie 18's
Big Brakes will happen eventually
I have a FRPP Short Throw
Boost & N20 - depends on what you do :laugh:
Big MAF - if needed
Injectors depend on the above 2
Pump kinda also depends on the above 3
Carbon Fiber - we shall see, doesn't stand out as much on a black car
Big Exhaust - Headers, Y-Pipe, Aftermarket Resonator and some nice mufflers - oh yeah :cool:

My bank account - oh no...

Back