• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chronicaling the rebuild of an E0

New ball joints are about $30 each from rockauto.com. It's fairly easy to cut off the old rivets, especially now that the LCA's are off the car. I did it on my 99 with the control arms still in and it was a PITA.

BJoints are easy when you have the right tools and know how to do it. I've already posted as well as others. Mike I think leaving the shift cables in the bracket makes things easier. Undo the 2 nuts and slide them off the trans.

BJoints are easy when you have the right tools and know how to do it. I've already posted as well as others. Mike I think leaving the shift cables in the bracket makes things easier. Undo the 2 nuts and slide them off the trans.

if you have a 99-00 I would just say do the whole LCA, I mean spend a little more so you dont have to get under the car again a year or two into the future to have to deal with the same part over again, since the 2 bolt LCA's are only like what... $60 each?

So....

I've been doing a lot of searching for little parts here and there. Today I was able to come across a badly needed high pressure steering line and a few other goodies for transmogrification.

This little thing came out and the new short throw Focus shifter will be going in its place. I'm going to get the bottom ball joint welded better than the two little spot welds on it now. Then it will be good for rippin.

The departed
DSCF1419.jpg

As I was going about fixing other interior pieces that have been molested over the years, I noticed this little goodie.

DSCF1429.jpg

That's right, it's a superchips chip. Umm, yeah...it's not going to last because I'll be going with a reflash anyway.

No pictures of the other stuff but maybe another day. I'm enjoying my free time now that I'm out of the military. But I know I'll have to go back to work soon so I don't get booted from my place.

everyone is getting 3L... :sad: my OBD1 doesn't like that otherwise I would get one too.....

Looks like a 4-program chip without the cable to switch the programs... I had one in my Mystique.

You said you're putting in an OEM diff? Better make sure you absolutely baby the car especially with a 3L...

Car is coming along nicely though!

superchip or sct chip?
i like the coke can spacer:laugh:

blu_fuz... 3L's will work fine in the 95's

The project for today was to wire in an Autodown switch for the passenger side and a mystique rear lamp. Only I realized that I left the lamp in the junkyard. Then I sorta gave up on the autodown thing for today and ran some errands instead.

Tomorrow is another day.

You know how to wire in a one-touch down relay for the passenger side right?

AussieFord did a how-to for this. It's pretty simple...

I did mine and absolutely love it!

It started out that I was going to change the switch in the drivers door from the big clunky E0 to the Mercury one. And include the door light as well.
That's how it started. But when I got to it, I was already sitting in the passenger seat and didn't want to walk around to the other side. So I thought how cool it would be for the passenger to have a button as neat as I do. :crazy: I know:crazy:

Thanks for the link. I don't look at the how-to stuff much even though I have a few in there myself.

Back