• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well these look good on a Black Contour?

I dont like em much as the Contour is curvy and rounded and the rims are boxy... if you get what im saying. But the wheels arent bad..

- amyn

If you like big heavy no name brands, go for it! They look good. :cool:

Can't say anything about the quality or weight though.

If you roll with a 215 tire you'll still be cutting it close. Stock offset is 49. Then you have 12.7 mm of gained width. Now your rim is going to be about 15mm closer to your fender. Go to your car and see what 3/5ths of an inch looks like for yourself. I know people have fitted 17X7 wheels with 225/45 tires without rubbing. It wouldn't be a bad idea to roll your fender anyways to be on the safe side. I know there has been threads on how to roll your fender. There was a really good one in the old forum. Check it out!

don't roll the fender. It is just a bad place to crack the paint and open it up for rust to start. I rolled 45 offset 225/40/18 with minimal plastic on rubber rubbage. If you are going the 40 offset I think a 215/40 or the 215/35 will get you back a little room.

don't roll the fender. It is just a bad place to crack the paint and open it up for rust to start. I rolled 45 offset 225/40/18 with minimal plastic on rubber rubbage. If you are going the 40 offset I think a 215/40 or the 215/35 will get you back a little room.
For what it's worth, I gouged my right rear stock 205/55/16 BFG's on E0 wheels with my lowered car. I don't know how it happened or when but it was probably when I had a passenger back there. So, just a F.Y.I. that tire rub can happen when you least expect it. I'll probably have to keep the stock wheel and tire profile after I install the D2's just to be on the safe side.
Karl

PB220004.jpg

PB220007.jpg

Tell me what you think?

by the way, don't mind the vinyl and stickers I'll take them soo right when my car runs again.

they look good now lower that car another inch! and ya the stickers gotta go.

Last edited:
I wish I can lower it another inch but when I try to turn the locking perch, the aluminum sleeve move with it too so I guess I'll just deal with it like that. Unless I put on the Bomz coilover springs that I bought awhile ago.

spray some lube on it and hold the sleeve while turning worst case the set screw made a groove in the sleeve but you should be able to loosen it up and force it passed

Back