• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Road

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
well, i posted this not long ago
Untitled-1.jpg

and today i decided to shoot it a bit. i'll probably put it to music and whatnot later, but for now, this'll do. there area few curves not on it becasue i turned it off when i was behind the worthless lady in the jeep cherokee. and the construction guys sucked also. next year it should be nice and clean i am guessing.

and who knows, maybe by then i'll be shooting with a better camera also :)

this was just to give an idea of the road. its nice and SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTH :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcdXvusyIM

LOL... I havent watched it yet but im sure its great...;)

Edit: Hmmm... This is giving me ideas. I wish I had an SVT.

Last edited:
Nice day for a drive. Why doesn't my SVT sound like that?

what does yours sound like? mine is stock except for a cheapo Ebay intake (which i guess does ad some volume, but not much). it really hasnt changed the way it souns since before i bought the car. i guess the other thing i did was remove the sound deadener from under the hood. it cleans up the appearence some.

i dont see why yours shouldnt sound like this :)

oh yeah, and i dont think i ever saw over 5,000 rpms either.

what does yours sound like? mine is stock except for a cheapo Ebay intake (which i guess does ad some volume, but not much). it really hasnt changed the way it souns since before i bought the car. i guess the other thing i did was remove the sound deadener from under the hood. it cleans up the appearence some.

i dont see why yours shouldnt sound like this :)

oh yeah, and i dont think i ever saw over 5,000 rpms either.

Stock intake and hoodliner here....so that must be it.

My car never had a hoodliner.:shrug:

As for intake... That will come when the car is closer to being finished.:cool:

Ugha. I need to get out there and drive that road. Maybe tomorrrow?:shrug:
(Im lazy)

hoodliner was discontinued after 99, I think. I should just take it off, but some poeple have had problems with the paint after they did that.

Nah my 00' SVT had the liner. I just removed it so they were still putting them on after 99. Mine was all falling apart and looked nasty so I pulled it off. Mine has a CAI, Headers, Hi-flow cat, and Borla Catback :cool: It sounds pretty.

Well I went and did it today. I also drove out past Mont Du Lac. That was interesting.

But here are some pics from the road.
(As my camera's battery was dead I had to use my cell phone.)

mycar1.jpg

mycar2.jpg

mycar3.jpg

mycar4.jpg

mycar5.jpg

mycar6.jpg

oh man, you didnt get any with the waterfalls! thats alright

i drove it this evening as well in the fiero. i had a camera, but didnt stop and take pics. with snow in the forcast tommorrow, i have a feeling that this was one of the last times i get to drive it before bringing it to the twin cities for storage.

i was hoping to run into you out there! oh well, maybe next time :)

Back