• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What current projects are you working on?

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Currently, im working on prepping the E0 Calipers that Chris was kind enough to give to me when I bought his old suspension kit. Got the caliper brackets and slide pins cleaned up tonight and ready to be repainted. Tomorrow, my pads and rotors come in, then I gotta find the fancy zinc spray paint to help keep the rotors from rusting.

My rebuild kits for the calipers came in this morning so i'll get that done, that shouldn't take too long...

Anyone else working on any fun projects??

I also gotta put my suspension back to stock because the rear struts from the suspension kit blew... :-/

Oh well, better for the winter...

lets see

waiting for the paint to be finished on my car ...

headers need to be installed over the winter
need a new alternator and to install the undrive pulley
cleaning the interior
getting some wax on the car
getting 3M clear film installed
need to repaint the calipers

not sure what else ...

Rebuilding a dell poweredge 2450 blade server, then installing debian on it. Setting up samba and apache2 with php and postgres support.

Then installing ubuntu on about 10 computers, and configuring them to work nice together printing and file sharing.

When i'm done with that, i'm helping a friend resolve approx 65,000 errors on his windows server 2k3 box (Quad Xeon 3.06 w/ 4gb ram *drool*).

Oh, then I may get my rear bumper repainted with my new-found money.
icon14.gif

Actually installing the pillar pod that I've had for at least 2 months now!!:rolleyes:

And maybe some more stuff just for Kevin so he'll stop busting my balls.:laugh: Just joking buddy. We'll have to see how the cash flow looks. (D@mn bills.....who knew they wouldn't pay themselves...LOL)

I don't have any projects scheduled for the SVT anytime soon , other than winterizing & forgetting about it for a couple months .

I do sorta have a vintage Volvo project in the works (yup , got another one :cool: ) . I'll have pics & such for all to see soon .

Oh yea , I also have some routine maintenence to do on the wife's Jetta - been putting that off waaaaaaaaay too long :troutslap: .

My $1100 project...

My $1100 project...

normal_205_0531.jpg

I started picking up brake products for it. I've got four rotors and pads, ss brake lines, pad wear sensors and brake fluid. I'm going to jack it up here pretty soon and measure out all the brake line and rebuild the whole brake system. Hopefully before it gets too cold...:rolleyes:

Not sure what I want to do actually...trade the SVT in for a new Hyundai (only because it has a warranty)...or invest thousands into replacing the engine, trans, and suspension.

So I guess my current project is making up my mind. Lol.

Not sure what I want to do actually...trade the SVT in for a new Hyundai (only because it has a warranty)...or invest thousands into replacing the engine, trans, and suspension.

So I guess my current project is making up my mind. Lol.

I'm sad. I thought your engine was OK???
I know you need a clutch but other than that ...
Gotta do what you gotta do Glenn. You'd better still come to the meets.

I've been cleaning wheels, three sets of them. One set went to MA, one set went to CT and one set came back to Bethlehem from MA. :crazy:

Other than that there really isn't anything big on my agenda.

I'm sad. I thought your engine was OK???
I know you need a clutch but other than that ...
Gotta do what you gotta do Glenn. You'd better still come to the meets.

It's fine, for now. The only reason I even mentioned the motor is because I'm just shy of 150k. That makes me very very nervous.

Tire Rotation & Re-balance *DONE*
Alignment *DONE*

To do soon:
paint sealant for winter
BAT Y-Pipe (anyone want to meet up and help me install? :cool:)
Spec Clutch & Flywheel

well, righ tnow im at school...so no real "projects" are going on...BUT at home ive been working on LED tail lights that are about 70% done as of right now. ill most likely finish them up over a break we have and then they'll go in the car!

i cant wait!!!

well, righ tnow im at school...so no real "projects" are going on...BUT at home ive been working on LED tail lights that are about 70% done as of right now. ill most likely finish them up over a break we have and then they'll go in the car!

i cant wait!!!

I have wanted to do this for so long but I have very little experience w/ LED's/elec./resistors etc. I gotta see pics of these when they are done! Be sure to let me know. Maybe even a mini meet since we are both located around the 'Burg'

Heres my project car....
http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070079ug0.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070081ee9.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070082qu0.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070084ek7.jpg
The interior is alot better since the pictures were taken.
Im going to ....
Carpet
Body work to be clean.(primer grey as of now)
New muffler comming in next week.
new headers
Sony amp and subs....kicker speakers......dual head unit
bleh thatll be it for now..

Future plans
New engin and a automatic to manual convertion

probably cheaper and a lot easier on you to just buy a different car. my friend has had hondas and did a tranny swap. said he would never do it again.

Yeah ive been getting told that left and right, if anything ill use the money twords hydrolics and just make a show car out of it and completly forget about speed with it.

Back