• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Certificate of Authenticity

matt0534

CEG'er
Does anyone know what is included with the Certificate of Authenticity? I am thinking about purchasing one, but is it really worth it? Does it look like something that should be framed and placed on a wall? I can't seem to find a pic of one.

Does it look like something that should be framed and placed on a wall?

Here's mine (minus VIN) sorry for the PDF, can't get my JPEGs to compress enough. To answer your question about framing and hanging on the wall, in my opinion, yes, but not in the living room. Probably more for if you have an office\den where you have other car stuff at. I personally have a copy of mine, sell sheets, and window sticker displayed in my garage behind plexi glass

Attachments

• SVT Cert of Auth no VIN.pdf
    168.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I never ordered one when I had my CSVT. I should have. Its neat to see people hold on to stuff like that. Its hard to find SVT vehicles with the certificates and other paperwork.

An FYI: I recently called 1-800- FORD-SVT about the SVT that I just acquired and the gentleman that I spoke with gave me some new info.

He says that they prefer the last 9 digits of the VIN but can do the search with just the last six digits.

Also, in the past, you used to have to either fax or send a copy of your vehicle registration, that is no longer needed. Give them the VIN and they can send you out the certificate.

I figured that I would post this info here since others will read this, we've been telling people in the past that they needed to send in a copy of their registration. Wanted to update people on what SVT is requiring these days.

I have mine framed and in the back of my car. Some people doubt that the SVT Contour ever excised - accusing me of putting a body kit on a Contour - the certificate shuts them up fast.

One other thing to note is that the new certificates they send out look a little different than the ones that came with the car. You can tell that they are not original. I'm still glad that I got a new one though, it's better than nothing.

When I ordered mine it took a really long time to get it. I forgot I ordered it and then it came in the mail. Its a nice thing to have, I am glad to have it. The next owner of my car will get.

Why keep it? Not your car any longer. Gh3333333333y.
Sentimentality. I kept the owner's manual from my first Contour, and a set of the keys (I had three keys to begin with and the original remote was no longer in use since I had an alarm installed). In fact they happen to be sitting on the table next to me right now. It depends on the person.

Sentimentality. I kept the owner's manual from my first Contour, and a set of the keys (I had three keys to begin with and the original remote was no longer in use since I had an alarm installed). In fact they happen to be sitting on the table next to me right now. It depends on the person.

I still have the oval from the front grille of my first Contour, mounted on a piece of Oak (I think) and in the display case, sits atop my die cast HD F-150 model.

What about the piece of paper I got after college? That 100k sure is pricey.
I suppose I'll have to amend my statement.

SVT Certificates of Authenticity, along with college degrees, are both priced more than what they are worth.

hahaha, no it would leave with the car but not before i make a good copy of it for myself. I'm going to keep something from every car i own. but i forgot to on my old car. but thats just sitting under a tree not moving. poor guy.

Back