• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh No scratches on window

MattB

CEG'er
Well we washed the car a few days ago and when i was inside finding the wax, mee lady used the brillow part of the sponge to clean the front windsheild, the things the normal sponge didnt get. Now i have a ton of scratches covering my front windsheild. IS there anyway to repair this or am i stuck???

Matt

you used a brillo pad on the windshield?!?!?! lol, that deserves a trout-slap!

There are polishing compounds out there for glass. Give it a shot. Good luck with that. Dude, a friggin' brillo pad????I'm sorry, but that's just amazing to me.

There are polishing compounds out there for glass. Give it a shot. Good luck with that.

Steel wool and glass don't mix :cry: You can even use a razor blade on glass, for next time if you really need it :laugh:

Depending on how deep the scratches are, you might need to pay a visit to a windshield repair shop. If you don't at least have a porter cable or buffer, you won't get far at all hand polishing out those scratches.

Last edited:
It was my wife, not me sheeeet!!! It was the back side of a sponge, some green sh*t. That sucks.

Matt

Griots

Griots

I have been using Griots products for years now. Couple years back my old dry rotted wiper blades gave out and left some pretty noticiable wiper tracks in my windshield. I picked up the pair of glass polishes from Griots. That paired with my porter cable, I had no more scratches. Took a couple hours but I did the whole care. Great results IMO. I know Roger is a griots guru too, not sure is he as used their glass polish though.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11074

I have the same thing happening to my driver side window. The weather strip along the window seems to fail or relax in several areas allowing dirt and sand to enter. I have seen those scratch removal kits. It looks like a couple of the grooves are fairly deep. Maybe i should leave it to the proffesionals.

Back