• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford OEM ambient lighting kit

As most of you know by now, Ford has an ambient lighting option on most of the new 2008 models, including, Mustand, Focus, and Fusion.

Well I wanted to let everyone know that it comes as a kit that can be installed on any vehicle. It looks like it would come with a couple of LED bars, module, wiring, and all switches needed.

8S4Z-13E700-AA List $270.00 CEG $225.00

slide19bl5.jpg

Not sure what you mean by that, but there is a picture of the 08 Focus above. You see under the dash and around the cupholder a blueish light. That is the ambient lighting. The kit contains 2 LED light bars, 2 seperate LED lamps, wiring, module, and on/off switch. It will come with directions and everything needed to install it. Below is a diagram from the parts catalog.

13e700pf8.jpg

yea nice thing is that those units are multi color, you just hit a button and it changes, 7 total I believe. I wounder if there is a way to set it to change on a timer or with the music pulse. They where very cool, played around with then in a fusion when I worked at the Ford Dealer. Sucks if I was still there I could get the kit cheep.

Alright, somebody buy this, install it, and post some pictures. If installed right I think it would look sweet. I'm just not sure where I would place the various lights in a contour.

Back