• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UGLY sagging front bumper...

thats one of the few things i havent figured out a good way to fix on the pre98s. mine does it too:shrug: i just live with it for now.

when you take the bumper off there are foam pads on the crush bumper. find thicker foam and glue it to the crush bumper. this will lift the bumper cover up all around except on the corners which look good to me anyways.

when you take the bumper off there are foam pads on the crush bumper. find thicker foam and glue it to the crush bumper. this will lift the bumper cover up all around except on the corners which look good to me anyways.

Ok cool... Now I just need to figure out how to get the bumper off :shrug:

I have not really had time to look at it though, do the fenders need to come off first?

Oh yea, and how to you get those plastic clip things off without cutting them off? Like there are two of them on the top of the bumper on either side of the grill...

Last edited:
It looks like it's pushed up all the way against the headlight, which would mean there isn't a way to push it up any higher.

remove the wheels, fender liners, and air dam. then remove the 2 bolts on either side inside the fenders. remove the clips next to the grill and pull the bumper off.

Yea, but how do you get those clips of without destroying them?

I know that when I took off one of the thin metal rods which connect the bottom corner of the bumper to the frame (it was snapped) I had to fight one of those clips since one of the ends was held on by the clip...

Lets just say that there was not too much left of it after I got it off
greenchainsaw.gif

Back