• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lined up against an Accent 2.0L with the SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

CEG'er
And I got killed... From 20 to 100mph, he must have put about 5 lengths on me. I expected to lose but not by that much... :shrug:

The Hyundai belongs to my cousin. It's completely stripped, has about 150HP and is probably good for 15.2-15.3 in the quarter.

The car pulls pretty good but I'm not too sure about peak HP being at 6600 RPM. If it peaked at 6600, wouldn't it actually get from 6400 to 6600 more rapidly than from 6200 to 6400 ?? Obviously talking about low speed gears here, I can understand why aerodynamic drag could cause such a behavior in 4th / 5th gears.

The car was well maintained and had brand new wires / plugs installed this spring but I'm wondering if I could be a little down on power.

Is there any way to wake up these engines with $500 in mods ?

Input please !!

Well, doesn't sound like you did this at the track since you said "probably good for 15.2-15.3" so this may get locked but SVT's are supposed to be good for similar quarter mile times as well so maybe your estimate of his 1/4mile time is off?

Line up your Cobra next time :)

I think you guys are missing the point..."Let's just throw nitrous in it, hardy har har" :rolleyes:

Might want to do a UIM/LIM cleaning, get an intake, exhaust, and maybe gut your cat or get headers or something...

For 500, bucks those things arent going to happen.

Even if he had the money for all that, i still dont think it would fix 5 car lengths!

I think you guys are missing the point..."Let's just throw nitrous in it, hardy har har" :rolleyes:

Might want to do a UIM/LIM cleaning, get an intake, exhaust, and maybe gut your cat or get headers or something...

Just throw nitrous on it, it's fun and as long as you arnt an idiot, safe too!

Two things are certain....

1) Somethings either wrong with your driving or your car.

2) You don't read very well....see below

"3. Street racing posts are not permitted. Street racing is illegal and stupid and contour.org does not condone it. All street racing topics posted will be deleted and the author warned. Repeated abuses will be met harshly."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back