• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'95 'tour: power steering high pressure hose how to/tips?

sobes

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hey guys- Quick question: It's on a '95 2.0L contour, I've diagnosed a bad power steering high pressure hose. It is definitely not the steering rack.

There was noise, then a slight leak, now it's leaking like crazy and won't hold fluid. I took it to a mechanic for a second opinion and he confirmed it's the hose. He said the part is $50, but the labor is 6 hrs!! Total job = $500. Yikes!:eek:

My question is- how easy/difficult would this be to do myself. I know it is very buried in there, but are there any tips/tricks, or anyone that has replaced this hose, that can shed some light?

My skill level is fairly moderate- I'm experienced with brake jobs, CVs, hub bearings, clutches, filters/fluid flushes, general tune up, valve adjustment, assisted with a few t-belt jobs.

Thanks guys- this forum rocks! "Ford powa!" :)

I have replaced this line in my 95 DURATEC so it is a little different. If around your steering rack is as on the duratecs then you might want to get another wrench and bend it to the right angle so you can attach the line to the rack. That was by far the hardest part of the whole install of the line.

But remember this was on the duratec so it is probably different...

Hope it helps though.

Back