• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You though you had a horn....

TheMexicanJob

Banned?
This is a guy from the ranger forum that i'm on.

RPS Member said:
As of this weekend, it's official, my B4000 has the loudest air horn ever installed to a pickup truck of any size! I took my collection to the horn and whistle festival in Altoona, PA this past weekend, and no other ship horn touches this Doran-Cunningham Type 6-B fog horn I've got now. We blew it at some drunk ATVers at about 3am and it was hilarious. Below is a link to a movie clip so you can hear just what the loudest air horn sounds like (it's the 3rd and 4th honks). The loud one is the large diameter horn in the bed, on the driver's side. The 3-note horn on the right is in the movie clip also, blowing first (1st and 2nd honks).

http://www.shiphorns.com/posts/t4caw4b_2.mov

horntruck512.jpg

The only ship's horns that are larger and louder are the steam-driven Tyfon horns used on early 20th century ocean liners like the Queen Mary and the S.S. United States. You can't put one of those on a pickup, there's no way to blow them from air, not even a tow-behind contractor type compressor can feed them quickly enough to get a toot.

a train horn i can understand yeah funnny.

but this... why? just why?

hes since moved onto a sport trac now. hes got a bunch of vids on youtube i think.

He likes it loud..I heard a steam locomotive horn, it shook the ground. That truck is a different form of excess, like SPL contests in car audio.

MA plates! I will have to avoid the Cape.

Yeah -- I saw that, too!

I vote that he drives it up to the State House and blares it until all the communists come pouring out so that we can replace them with Republicans. This is a variation of what the Marines did with the blasting rock music to flush Panamanian dictator Noriega out of a church. :cool:

Back