• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

code: P0161

kidSVT

CEG'er
I went to advance yesterday and pulled this code from my 98SVT: P0161, O2 sensor heater circut malfunction, bank 2 sensor 2.

what does this mean exactly?? and is it bad? and would it pass inspection with the check engine light on?

Thanks!
~Andrew

I went to advance yesterday and pulled this code from my 98SVT: P0161, O2 sensor heater circut malfunction, bank 2 sensor 2.

what does this mean exactly?? and is it bad? and would it pass inspection with the check engine light on?

Thanks!
~Andrew

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0161[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

If you have mileliminators, the wiring came out. If you don't have mileliminators, the wiring for the O2 sensor is probably broken. You need to splice it.

This is the sensor below the radiator (the easiest one to get too). Splice the wiring and you should be good to go.

And no, you won't pass inspection if the CEL is lighted.

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0161[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

If you have mileliminators, the wiring came out. If you don't have mileliminators, the wiring for the O2 sensor is probably broken. You need to splice it.

This is the sensor below the radiator (the easiest one to get too). Splice the wiring and you should be good to go.

And no, you won't pass inspection if the CEL is lighted.

:troutslap:
Crap, didn't read sig. Headers...Yeah just check that wiring to the O2 sensor. *sigh*

Back