• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looked out my window , and saw ...

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
... the neighbor practcally on top of the Morris :nonono: .

PA210191.jpg

PA210192.jpg

And , as you can see , she had plenty of room in front of her - notice her EMPTY driveway (where she usually parks) - her house is directly behind the Morris . And no , her kids weren't playing b-ball in the driveway (and never do) .

PA210194.jpg

I hope she doesn't plan on making a habit of this , or she'll incur my displeasure :mad: !
A little back story - she moved in about a year ago , and every couple weeks she has friends/family over (about 5 cars) who park on our side of the street in front of my house & most of the neighbor's houses on either side of me . Too bad they don't park on HER side , or in her driveway :rolleyes: . I know it's a bit nit-picky , but WTF ?? Did she have to park so close ??? If she hits it , it'll be a real PITA to find/replace the bits on the Mo . Our side of the street doesn't have driveways , BTW .

dude, parking on my block is so bad i used to park the SVT around the block where there are no houses. Which was another problem cause i used to fine people's hand prints all over the car from checking it out! Of course there was the time someone decided to throw a boulder through the windshield of the exploder...luckily the SVT, which was on the other side of the street, was unscathed. This is how i determined it was just some punk kids...cause anyone who wanted to hurt me would go after the contour, and subsequently incur the wrath of god...

Even still i found paint from other people's cars on the bumpers several times.

Our neighbors directly across the street are probably the worst. They almost started a fist fight with the guy directly next to me because the russian guy across the street parks "By feel" He left his car pushed up against my next door neighbors car so hard that he couldn't get it out of park (automatic)!

I personally love when i come home and one of them are parked in front of my house, in front of my driveway! And they look all confused when you ring the doorbell and ask them to move! I should just call the cops to send a tow truck and a ticket!

Luckily i've conned the rents into letting me have the spot in front of the house...cause my car is the newest and shiniest but i don't know how long that's gonna last. We have a driveway but it's useless. When you put a car in there you can't really get in and out of the yard easily. I'd liek to remove the front gate and concrete the small front yard we have but i'm having a hard time selling the idea.

Jeesh! I feel for you guys!!! I went throught the same stuff when I was renting apartments. Used to have a large parking lot style spot. People would park inches off my door, kids ran their bikes into my car doors, into my bumper cracking it, into my headlights knocking the little knubs off. it was rediculous... After that situation, I only rented apartments with a garage or a driveway setting. Now that I have a house with a garage, I'll never do it any other way. My only complaint now is I only have 2 car garage:)

But seriously, I know how you all feel. And if anyone has the lack of decency to park and block my driveway, I wouldnt waste my time tracking them down. I'd Call the police and have it towed. It's guaranteed money for the town/city, so they come out right away and remove it for you.

Last edited:
She's probably pissed that you parked the Morris in the shade that's cast off her house and she had to park in the sun. :laugh: !!

But, if that is the case then she should park in her own darn driveway. :dizzy:

I hate when people do that. :mad:
Maybe we need to send her a message? A message she can't ignore. :D ;)

My neighbor is the same way. They've got a driveway but park down the street and right on top of another neighbor's driveway. Poor lady can't see to get out with the SUV right on top of her driveway. Their company always parks in front of my house... well they did until Steph told the moron to have his company park in front of his own house.

Steph layin' the smackdown FTW!! :laugh:

:cool:

LoL! You bet.
The guy is an idiot (I'm being very nice). In fact most of the other neighbors don't talk to him.

The Morris is parked in? WTH? People suck!

Here's the latest pic . She's got her Moron-o parked in her driveway in the pic , but as soon as I snapped/uploaded the pic , another family member parked in front of the Mo - not quite as close as she was , thankfully . Jeeeez ... :troutslap: .

PA210195.jpg

Maybe you should park the Morris back farther, closer to her driveway. Then if some azz-hat parks on the bumper you can still get it out.

I don't understand why people have to be that way. :shrug: There is plenty of space to park that they don't need to park on top of your Mo.

I see that crap here every afternoon when the people pick up their kids from the school. One lady in a xA thinks her car is so small that she can fit anywhere and hits cars trying to park. Another thinks her CRV is a micro-spec and does the same thing.
I don't get it.

i stay away form schools and the surrounding area's form the hours of 2:30 to 3:30 because ti's just a sea of stupidity...apparently all the housewives have nothing better to do than go and cheuffer their kids to and from school every day. And god forbid little johnny might have to walk half a block to mommy's car...no no no, i'll just triple park and block the ENTIRE street!!

i remember having to take the bus an hour each way EVERY day to school, and i also remember almost getting frost bite after a plodding through a giant snow drift to get to the bus stop - that ate my shoe! Yes, i lost it! walked home barefoot - in the winter - during a blizzard!

I don't mean to sound like an arse, but you could have parked better, too.

Now, I don't know how accessible parking is in your area, but I hate it when people take up too much space. You have a good half a car-length behind you. Sure, she could have parked further up, but it's not that bad. People in Ann Arbor will get their car keyed up if they take up too much room. College town in a downtown w/zero accessible parking structures FTL! Hell, I've met folks from NYC tell me parking is worse in Ann Arbor.

I definitely feel your pain since it's your baby. However, I think if you parked closer to the driveway, you may not encounter that problem again. Though, she did have a ton of room in front of her. :blackeye: LOL!

Street-side parking always sucks. I've got a nice 4" dent on my roof. I'm pretty sure from some idiots playing football, numerous paint rub-offs from idiots who can't parallel park, scratches galore on the trunk.

If I were you I'd definitely try working out a way to get it into the driveway.

(Edit: Opps, just read the last couple of posts....dude, there's plenty of room for her to get out if you park further back...lol gotta love posting before reading the entire thread...eff it I put too much time into typing this up; I'm keeping it!)

Last edited:
Personally, I'd be parking the Mo closer to the other neighbor's driveway.
That way you're occupying the space in front of mostly grass, not her house.
That leaves her two full spaces in front of her own house to use as she pleases. Plus you have the easier getaway for when you need to take the Mo for a drive.
No need to back up to avoid her rear bumper. Just start and go.

Usually parking is very easy-going on our block . The people on that side usually use their driveways , or whatever , and the people on our side just know where to park to avoid trouble . We've always just respected each others places & cars - no arguements . She moved in about a year ago & has turned everything on it's ear . I've never heard so many complaints from neighbors about her bi-weekly fuster-clucking of the parking situation . Noone usually parks in that whole strip where I had the Mo parked in the pics . I had it parked further forward , toward the other neighbor's house & noone parked there the whole time . I drove the car yesterday , so I figured I'd change-up the scenery a bit , so I parked a bit differently & (like I said) , I left her space to get in/out of her driveway , so she can see easier & whatnot - trying to be the nice guy . I guess it was unappreciated . I guess I'll just have to park the Mo in front of my house & park my (now only) Jetta in front over there . Once the rat-Volvo is on the road , it'll surely live over there - what's she gonna do ... hurt it ?!?!? LOL :D !!

Maybe we need a neighborhood intervention ...

Back