• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FL Gulfcat Going Leaf-viewing Oct 26-29

gulfcat

CEG'er
We're driving from the Fort Myers, FL area to Robbinsville, NC on Fri, Oct 26.

Then, spending a couple days cruising mountain roads, looking at fall foliage, hopefully meeting a couple friends (who used to own Cougars & now have S-2000 and Elise instead). Anyone else from the area interested in some cruising? After all I've read & heard about the problems on the Dragon this summer, I'm more interested in the Cherohala Skyway, the Foothills Parkway, Rt 28 and so on.

We're returning to FL on Mon, Oct 29. (Peggy has no school Friday or Monday).

Anyone interested in meeting us near the Smokies, TN / NC border area? We'll be staying in the Microtel in Robbinsville.

If you respond to this post, I'll pm my cell phone #, or you can leave a message for Marge Norsworthy at the Microtel (828-479-6772).

hit me up marge! Especially if Kenny and Shay are coming! You should get in touch with Suriel and drag him along too

Sent you a pm with my cell #. I'm pretty sure Shay will be going, but not sure if Kenny can get time off. Would love it if Suriel would come.... I'll pm him.

Sent you a pm with my cell #. I'm pretty sure Shay will be going, but not sure if Kenny can get time off. Would love it if Suriel would come.... I'll pm him.
pm him ha lol he is never on anymore. I'll call him today.

Marge is mouthing off again

Marge is mouthing off again

Great trip, actually. I'll get pix & vid posted soon... The colors were changing almost as we watched, the Smokies demonstrated why they got their names - picturesquely under a full moon!

Also not many cops on the Dragon (none at night!).

Trey & I met and ran the Foothills Parkway from Dragon's N end eastward. It's sweepers, rather than twisties like the Dragon, and a bit more open so the foliage beside the road is better lit. Amazing to come round a corner and see a wall of brilliant turning leaves just before you corner again:).

The only bad part is the drive up & back: 770 miles each way. Ran up in 12h45m (including a stop at Walmart to fill the cooler), came back in 11h50m. Coug gas tanks hold 15 gallons, go about 330 - 350 miles on a tank.... so we drive 4 hours, pit stop, drive 4 hours, pit stop, drive 4 hours, got there. (Iff we drive thru' Atlanta off-rush-hour!)

2,030 miles driven in 4 days!! 1,540 getting there & back, 490 driving in the mountains on Sat & Sun.

(See, I was only struck dumb while driving:laugh:)

Back