• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New motor

jolly8286

Hard-core CEG'er
I was just gonna ask, would it be better to rebuild or just buy a whole new block from ford? I wanna have ford install it. I just want to know everybody's opinion. I wanna mod up the motor but i don't want to mod up an exhausted motor.

Go the 3L route... Find someone in your area to do the swap for you. You'll save ALOT of money.

everybody here is going to tell you do to a 3L swap, and I can say it is the best way to go if you blow a motor. There is enough information in our 3L section in parts that you need to pick up to complement your 3L and the power gain is just spectacular when done correctly. I have seen some 3L builds doing as high as 220 WHEEL horsepower.

I was gonna try to keep the 2.5L. I'm not downing the 3L, they're great motors but i wanna keep the stock size. That way in the future, if i have to, i can just remove the mods. Even though i do love the 3L.

I was gonna try to keep the 2.5L. I'm not downing the 3L, they're great motors but i wanna keep the stock size. That way in the future, if i have to, i can just remove the mods. Even though i do love the 3L.

if u plan on selling ur car in the near future, u'd have to stick with the 2.5. Or else u'll take a big hit on the resale especially if the potential buyer finds out he has a taurus engine in his SVT!

dude if you want to get a 3l done pm OB1 he isnt far from you in Alabama and does great work. run some numbers with him and compare to doing the 2.5 and weigh your options

You're going to have a Ford dealer do it?!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have very very deep pockets. And where are you going to find an SVT block?

If your going to have a dealership replace the motor for you, you might as well just have them do a 3.0L. Y2KSVT had his replaced at a Ford dealership.

dude if you want to get a 3l done pm OB1 he isnt far from you in Alabama and does great work. run some numbers with him and compare to doing the 2.5 and weigh your options

You're going to have a Ford dealer do it?!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have very very deep pockets. And where are you going to find an SVT block?

Yeah sling some of that money my way Baller! :)

Back