• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Charlotte, NC CEGers

Hammy1105

CEG'er
I'm new to the Charlotte area, just moved here from Myrtle Beach, and I wanted to see who all had CSVTs in the area. I saw a silver SVT on Tyvola Rd today around 330pm.
I am also possibly selling/parting out my car, unless I can find someone who would like to help troubleshoot my engine here.
If anyone's interested in getting some parts, I have my car listed under vehicles classified with pictures.

Kinda sucks that my engine f***** up again right after I did the swap. I was really looking forward to taking my car out to dragon run and hellbender after I put my new suspension parts on.

I would go and try to get the head situation worked out on it. You know you dont want to get rid of it!

Charlotte SVT Contours

Charlotte SVT Contours

Until Hammy arrived, I thought I was the only CEGer around. It was probably me that was spotted on Tyvola Rd. It is a 1999 Silver Frost, with the NC tag 'SHAGIST'. I can be PMd or emailed at 'shaggist@netscape.com'. The car is bone stock, except for the foglight mod, a dash clock, and a K&N air filter. It has 112k miles, Toshiba headlight bulbs(very bright), Dunlop Direzia 215/50/16's running 40 lbs pressure cold, gets 25mph around town and 29 hgwy. There are no mods planned, just replacing those parts that have aged with new Ford/Motorcraft ones to maintain its originality. With all the SVTCs that have been modded/tracked/trashed, those original stock ones will be worth some real money shortly. Let me hear from you, and if you are coming to Charlotte, there are great places to meet, have lunch, and chat.
Jack

I am also from Charlotte, thought of myself as the only one in Charlotte as well... don't get on the forums as much as I used to, but you can email me at 'dgaffney1@yahoo.com'. I have a black CSVT, i'm up in Winston-Salem attending Wake Forest, but my contour is pretty much bone stock as well. I have blackened my grille and done mesh all around. I have the Focus SVT wheels, tinted windows. I have a K&N intake and replaced the resonator with a magnaflow. We 3 should meet up at some point.

I am also from Charlotte, thought of myself as the only one in Charlotte as well... don't get on the forums as much as I used to, but you can email me at 'dgaffney1@yahoo.com'. I have a black CSVT, i'm up in Winston-Salem attending Wake Forest, but my contour is pretty much bone stock as well. I have blackened my grille and done mesh all around. I have the Focus SVT wheels, tinted windows. I have a K&N intake and replaced the resonator with a magnaflow. We 3 should meet up at some point.
Where were you at NOPI this year?!

Charlotte Thanksgiving meet

Charlotte Thanksgiving meet

For those of you in and around Charlotte, Thanksgiving is coming up shortly, and those in school will be on break. Let me know when you'll
be in town and let's get together for coffee or lunch. I live on Park Rd,
near Park Road Shopping Center. There is a Caribou Coffee there, or a
Starbucks nearby. Nice to know there are some other SVTs around.

Im around, just not as much

Im around, just not as much

I am here in Raleigh, if you all meet in Charlotte near the holidays, I may be able to swing by, esp. if its on thursday or friday. The weekend will be more difficult for me. Its been a while since i have been to a meet, it would be fun.

We may be able to make a Thanksgiving meet happen... I'm a big fan of coffee, keeps me going most days. And, icy, I didn't make it to NOPI this year. Girlfriend had other plans for us that weekend and none of my friends from the Charlotte area were able to go. Was it a good year? Good representation from the CSVT's?

Thanksgiving Mini Meet

Thanksgiving Mini Meet

Let's all meet Friday, November 23rd, at 12 noon at the Caribou Coffee place at Park Road Shopping Center near the corner of Woodlawn Rd and Park Road. There is plenty of parking close by so we won't have to worry about being scattered all over the parking lot, and should be easy for everyone to find. If it rains(LOL), we shall have cover under the area in front of Caribou's, which has tables and chairs. If anyone needs to email me, try 'shaggistXXX@XXXnetscape.com' (Just remove all the X's to get my correct address.

I may be able to make this. I live in Raleigh, but I'm in Charlotte often since my family is nearby. I'll be there this weekend as well.
One thought... You do realize that shopping centers and such are rather crowded the day after Thanksgiving? Park Road is fun this time of year...

Thanksgiving Mini Meet

Thanksgiving Mini Meet

Park Road is never 'fun', no matter what the day of the week or month, and during Thanksgiving, I can think of nowhere, that is convenient to meet, that won't be crowded. Since the prerequisites of parking, shelter, and coffee are met by gathering at Caribou's, it is the best suggestion I can make. If you are interested in meeting that day, let's hear from you, as a meet with only 1 participant is no meet at all.

Wont be able to meet in Charlotte on Friday

Wont be able to meet in Charlotte on Friday

I cant make it if the meet is on a friday.

Saturday or Sunday is the only possibility for me. I have to go to Wilmington to eat with the in-laws on thursday-friday. :(

Anyways, you cant please everyone, so do the meet anyways.

Also, I am going to the Dragon in January for the first time. Meeting my Dad with his new Audi out there. Hopefully there will be no ice or rain, I dont mind the cold weather.

True about the location. Unfortunately I won't be able to give a definitive answer until next Thursday. So count me out, and if there's a meet I'll try to make time to drop by.

Side note:
I saw a silver SVT in Lowell (near Gastonia) this past weekend. It had a sticker in the rear window that appeared to be a Harley logo. Anybody here?

Back