• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I4 atx to V6 mtx

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
What kind of work would I be getting into to do this swap? I would like to ditch the old and tired zetec and do a turbo 3L build but I dont want to be going through transmissions every 6 months(if that) with the atx. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

sell the car and get one that already has a 6cyl mtx. dont even bother with the swap. it would take way more work than its worth. you can get a decent svt for pretty cheap now

ENTIRE wiring harness, PATS transponder, Subframe, mounts, etc, etc, etc.

MUCH MUCB CHEAPER to buy a "fair" condition (by FAIR I mean good body, bad motor,. etc) SVT

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else her in saying buy yourself a cheap svt.

Or buy an SVT parts car with most of everything you need :shrug:

I just so happen to have most of it :D

Subframe, full suspension, Shift Cables,ECU, Key, Pats, SVT Steering column.

Mainly, what you would need would be

Motor+ Tranny
Mounts
v6 MTX Wiring Harness or SVT harness with the SVT ECU (i THINK any v6 MTX harness will do, can usually get for under $100 at a junk yard.)

400+ shipping on all of it.
I have an MTX 75 Tranny as well (no shift tower) Tranny needs rebuild, would toss in for another $150.

Or, get your self a nice looking SVT, with a blown motor for 1500 or so.

... v6 MTX Wiring Harness or SVT harness with the SVT ECU (i THINK any v6 MTX harness will do, can usually get for under $100 at a junk yard.)

The regular V-6 harness may work, but you will likely loose the knock sensor. I think the typical Contour/Mystique is not equipped with one and the harness connector for it.

Back