• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aircougar Performance is the Ish!!

dairdevyld

Veteran CEG'er
So as many of you know I've been planning my 3 liter swap for more then a few months. After stockpiling tons of parts I finally bit the bullet and bought an 02 Sable engine with 20k on it. Today my dreams were realized when I dropped in on Aircougar/Greg to pick up my car. After a week of impatiently waiting I finally got behind the wheel of my 3liter'd Tour. It was such a thing of joy as I drove down 91 earlier this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to really get into it due to the rain and traffic, but I can tell the power is there. The car is ridiculously loud despite Greg's best efforts to subdue the savage growl. The car is awesome and I couldn't be happier.
This was Greg's first attempt at doing a 3 liter with ported-matched 3 liter heads to match the SVT upper and lower intake, and it came out beautifully. The car is cleaner then I remember giving it to him. Everything that I asked for was nearly flawlessly executed in an astonishing time period. I definitely have to give Greg tons of props for pulling off the swap so well. I would recommend Greg for al your Contique/Cougar installs. He's highly skilled and even more knowledgable of our platform then anyone I know.

This is the list of things that were installed:
02 sable 3.0 liter Duratec
new/used tranny with Torsen LSD and upgraded shift forks
Spec Stage 1 clutch
Pole 120 Filled roll resistors
DMD
upgraded oil pan with revised pickup and baffles
MSDS headers
New NAPA axles
and of course my SVT intake manifolds/cams

I can't wait for it to dry up so I can really rip on it. I'm going to get a baseline run on the dyno in the next few weeks to see what kind of numbers I'm putting down. I have a few things I need to address soon before I do a complete tune but I'll keep you guys updated.

great to hear about another great job done .... which reminds me, I just received my built mtx today, still need a clutch and an install and well ... a turbo :laugh:

Thanks for the props Dave! I appreciate it!

I had a lot of fun installing this, and doing all the little extra modifications that make the 3L fit into our SVTs... I learned a LOT with this swap, and I must say, Dave's SVT is one of the cleanest, non-rusty SVTs I have worked on...

Hope it runs great when its dry out! and I can't wait to hear the numbers from your Dyno run! :)

The way you baby your car (meant take great care of) that could be quite while away.

thanks ... but I have no problem running every gear to redline .... if the 3L isn't anytime soon that doesn't bother me but a turbo on a 100k motor, who knows.

but to come back to topic, I think the 3L heads with ported heads and stock intake is the way to go from all the reading I have done.

Dave you need to have Tony drive your car now and get a camparision between the hybrid and the 3L hybrid like you have

Looks like Greg is going to have another swap coming up very soon.........

A new NE-CEGer should be signing up tonight. I'll let him give the details. :laugh:

I'll let Dave break in his motor first before me and him have a little fun.

I still need my headers installed first. Then we'll talk.

Back