• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'll be in Oak Harbor in 15 days...

Red99CSVT

CEG'er
Hi everyone alright so I'm moving back to Oak Harbor soon I'll be flying in the 3rd of Nov I've bought quite a few parts for my CSVT and am looking for a little help installing some of the stuff the list of parts I have so far goes about like this:

Parts recieved:

Struts/springs (BAT)
Aussie rear sway bar
(24mm)
Strut tower brace (front)
Dry nos kit
(ZEX)
Nos purge kit
(ZEX)
Nos remote bottle opener (ZEX)
Nos bottle heater (ZEX)
Nos maximizer kit
(ZEX)
Fidanza flywheel
Spec stage 3 clutch (got a killer deal on clutch and flywheel together might not install the clutch)
Flywheel bolts (ARP)
NGK TR6 spark plugs (nos)
9mm plug wires
B&M short throw shifter
Royal Purple tranny fluid
K&N oil filters
Auto meter gauges (Oil, Water, A/F, Nitrous)
intake heat shield
custom speaker box (trunk) custom amp mount
dash gauge faces
heater/headlight panel faces
clock insert
SVT bumper decals (2 black)
intake pipe (Injen pipe and filter, MAF adapter)
triple gauge pod (tan)
Torsen diff ship date
Overlays- 2 build number, 1 pair sail panel, 3 ford emblem
Pre-98 center console
Y pipe with high flow cat
(Trubendz)

Already ordered:

MSDS headers
(Jet Hot coated)
RSTB bolt-on style
(shipped)
Syncro’s (shipped)
Headlight assy’s (shipped)
Unorthodox Racing UDP and serpentine belt
Paint (from dupicolor)

Still need to be ordered:

Cat back exhaust (might just get a local cat back done)

As you can see I've got quite a pile of parts to install and alot of work to do I'd like to get some fellow CEGers involved if anyone has the time and of course I'll provide food and some drinks. Anyone down to give me a hand? There is still some time before I start and I probably won't start tearing into the car until probably around the 9th of Nov or so.

Last edited:
I may be able to offer a hand here and there. Unfortunately I have so many projects going on right now that I can't help as much as I want to.

I have a '95 Toyota 4 Runner in my garage in the midst of a new motor install, and an '88 Camaro motor swap right after that. Compound that with two diesel Mercedes AND an SVT Contour...well, you know. I have cars to work on pretty much all the time. It's all good though.

Give me a buzz when you're getting started. I'll at least drop by for a beer!

Ya should be alot more fun than it already is already got good rubber on it Toyo Proxy 4's 215/45/17 I love them.

Shotwell- I know what you mean I toasted the tranny in my truck while here in Hawaii I'm going to get that swapped out within the first few days of being home. I just gotta call Jasper and have them mail it out won't take more than about 7 hours total. Have you replaced your syncro's that's the only thing I really would like help with. By chance do you know a guy named Josh he's got an older teal VW Sirocco (I think).

I know Josh well. He's a good friend of mine. You know him?

I've replaced the synchros in my trans once with the help of a guy at the auto hobby shop on the base. He may be willing to do it again, but if your trans needs new bearings or more it may be worth it to send it to a rebuilder. I have a guy in Tukwilla (Seattle) that will do it. Terry Haines is also an option.

Small world he's a good friend of mine as well, crazy stuff. I don't have any problems with bearings just the occasional grind when I go into 3rd I wanna change it out when I pull the tranny to install the diff I'm sure I can manage it but it would be nice to have someone there thats done it before. Josh is pretty excited about me getting all these parts in he wan't to see what it'll do.

Back