• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autocross this past weekend

svtavino

CEG'er
Sorry I missed the meet but this was fun too. Can't wait for next year when I have the Koni kit installed. Started working on that last night so far I have one strut in only 3 more for the SVT then all 4 SVT struts onto the Mystique. I would put more pictures but I only have 97kb of space for jpgs.

Attachments

• IMG_387.jpg
    IMG_387.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
I live right in town and still never made it to that autocross. My friend goes all the time with a bunch of his friends.

Hopefully next year I'll make it out there. Or maybe even some Winter-X this winter. :rolleyes:

in ayer ma you have the SVTOA events, those are the ones I do, real laid back group. I am always the only contour. The class is Focus/Contour, so you don't have to worry about the big cobra guys! Its always me and my friend with his svt focus. Ive been telling goonz to come since his z06 neighbor does them with the same group all the time! saturday is the last one (its full already) anyone can come up and watch/ride shotgun, its worth it to check it out, anyone wants directions let me know.

This was the last event for CART http://www.cartct.com/10-15-06p.shtml There are a couple more pictures in there of my car. There were 140 cars there. But it went farely smooth. I was thinking I should do the wintercross in my truck that would be fun. Next year I will be bumped into a harder class because I am replacing the springs but oh well I just go for fun anyways.

wait.. theres something cool like this in CT? i want in.. of course i would have to fix everything wrong with the car.. still bad vibrations in the front end.. got worse from the fall meet.

Yo, Jeff......err, I mean Turbo Jeff....er I mean Turbo Fox

Yo, Jeff......err, I mean Turbo Jeff....er I mean Turbo Fox

Jeff, how the heck are you. I just connected to French Blue (Kim) again after years of not being on the forum...she sent me a link and I arrived here. Glad you will be making it to the final SVT event......believe it or not I will too finally. I usually make it to 6-8 a year but once the new house and baby came along (both great things), it has been tough. So did you get all of the bugs out of the turbo or are you bringing the SVT to the event. Either way it will be great to see the gang. Let's make sure to plan to hang out afterwards for a beer or more. See you on Saturday!

Baco, nice to hear from you.

Baco, nice to hear from you.

Not sure what you are doing on Sat but come on down to Devins in Ayer if you are free. If you have not done autocross before, feel free to jump in my car and go for a spin around the track with me. Next time you guys/girls have an event shoot me an email and I will do my best to make it. It would be great to see the old gang again.

Wow, Matt!
funny thing, a couple of weeks ago i found one of the notes you left on my SVT years ago when i still worked in Danvers.

we never did get to grab lunch!
haha

Jeff, how the heck are you. I just connected to French Blue (Kim) again after years of not being on the forum...she sent me a link and I arrived here. Glad you will be making it to the final SVT event......believe it or not I will too finally. I usually make it to 6-8 a year but once the new house and baby came along (both great things), it has been tough. So did you get all of the bugs out of the turbo or are you bringing the SVT to the event. Either way it will be great to see the gang. Let's make sure to plan to hang out afterwards for a beer or more. See you on Saturday!

yeah man we have been missing you. me and nick and kati hit up the pub after the last event, I dont see why we cant do that again. Actually, at the august autox i blew the headgasket in the mustang, rather than do the easy thing and swap it out, i decided to build a bigger motor. it didn't have enough torque! So i took it off the road already, and I brought the contour to the last event, and will have it at this event too. I traded my 17X9 cobra R's to dan for the his 17" focus 5 spokes, then had them painted silver frost. I put some 225/45/17 hankook rs2's on them so I could actually compete with dan.

by the way, we are planning on going to NED on friday (weather permitting). A little competition weekend action

jeff

Back