• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

12 Second Contour???

Stronger drivetrain and one hell of a diet to run 12s. The power is there.

I have seen stripped out Hondas with under 400 Hp run 10s. It can be done with time, patience, and money. But we knew this already.

Go JOSH!:laugh:

The build on my car was simply more power is not always faster/quicker...

My 6psi dyno was right at 240whp and the car would consistently go 13.8x's at 103mph...

My 8psi runs were more along the lines of an 8psi spike and settling to a 6-6.5psi hold and those runs netted me that nearly 108 mph with a 13.5x. I was quite happy to not break anything and then left the track never to go back with the tour...

My setup did include DSS stage 2 axles and BFG 225/45/17 drag radials.

These runs were made nearly fours years ago and still hold as some of the quicker in Tour history, so I guess you could say that most of us haved moved on to more appropriate platforms...Then again I still have trouble using my current mph to net me the ET that it "could"!

damn,still no 12's here?!!??! might have to stick w/the ford pube for a fun fwd drag car:nonono: as there have been several in the 10/11's and still street legal. and some even lower:cool:

damn,still no 12's here?!!??! might have to stick w/the ford pube for a fun fwd drag car:nonono: as there have been several in the 10/11's and still street legal. and some even lower:cool:

I've got an even better idea... If you want a drag car don't get something fwd period. :idea:

yo snap dawg i was running 8.94 at 145 in my svt then my rpms caught on fire and
speedometer threw the needle off and got stuck in my halogen fluid container
and then my muffler backfired and my timeslip blew out the window
but it was sweet i ran 2 stAge NAWS 300 shot for the launch and a 600 shot for the 3rd gear clutch dump at 9500 rpms (thats how they caught on fire)

yeeeah

That's prolly because you were granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should...:nonono: Such noobs. When will you learn to drive your accelerating cars like decellerating tractor-trailers? I think your NAWZZ also endangered your manifold and fried your piston rings. Pshhhh. You should race my charger which can do monster wheelstands with no traction. :censored::censored::censored::censored:'s intense...

Back