• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need PS help please!

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
hey all.

a guy i do business with (also a customer) is finishing up his Lightning. ive been talking to the guys at MM&FF and Ford Performance Trucks magazines about shooting it for a feature article. its a twin turbo 832hp monster!! :help: anywho, i know from friends from years ago who's trucks have been featured in Truckin', Minitruckin' and Streetrucks that bright paint, and custom paint are what they really look for to put a truck on the cover, which is what we'd LOVE to have happen. (he's going to be sporting a set of 20" TF wheels).

he was thinking of doing some ghost bolts (lightning bolts) but now is thinking of possibly doing a Veyron type paint scheme. im iffy on it, but its his truck and i told him id ask you guys to PS something up so he could see what it would look like before he just does it.

if someone could PS the scheme onto the truck, that would be awesome! ill send you a TF shirt (when we finally get some :rolleyes: :laugh: ).

he was thinking the front grill to be all black, no chrome ring. so blacked out grill, and bumper grill, with the bumper area in between also blacked out. continuing on to the hood. the side fenders, done in black as well, like the Veyron. if you could PS these wheels onto it as well, that would be cool too.

here's the truck:
IMG_5011Small.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

here's the Veyron
veyron.jpg

here's the wheels he likes: unfortunately he wont be able to get a monster lip like that though.
IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

if you have any cool ideas for paint schemes feel free to share them or PS them as well :)

thanks all!

the veyron paint scheme is delicious in its own, but the only reason why it works on the veyron is because of the lines of the veyron, I just feel like the lines on that truck wont allow the veyron paint scheme to look good.

I take it back, after seeing PM's photshop I like the way that looks, with some more complex colors that scheme could look friggan PIMP

thanks a bunch PM. if we ever get our TF tshirts, youll be on the list! ;)

if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, or clean this one up. please feel free...

thanks all.

Bring the black down a bit in the rear, and up a bit in the front to start even with the lower grill

Here's a good copy for people to try out paintjobs with.

lightning.jpg

and MY GOD that one looks good ^^^^

Bring the black down a bit in the rear, and up a bit in the front to start even with the lower grill

I could see the front working as you mentioned, because it would put emphisis* on the red contour line, However there will a blk domainance, I guess it depends on what he wants. Plus having it break up draw attention to SVT noted fog light bezels.

I would have to disagree with the back, because it would make the break on the flare of the fender. Breaks should happen on pronounced body lines.

Yes in a perfect world, I agree i would be nice to have a little more red there on the top. :cool:

I wish they went through with the "Thunder" SUV

Back