• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Back from Cruise Pics and Quick fall Pic

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
Sue and I just returned from our week in the Western Carribean...pretty tough to come back to the cold New England air. Heres a quick blow by blow. We flew from Boston to Tampa and boarded the Carnival Miracle/ We set sail a week ago Sunday and by Tuesday had arrived in Grand Cayman. Despite our concerns we swam with the Sting Rays ad around a coral reef and had a blast!!

Wednesday we arrived at Cozumel. We rented a Jeep for $30 and beat the hell out of it. It left the rental agency Dark Blue came back covered from top to bottom in mud. We spent the afternoon hanging out at a resort and dodging the people trying to sell us crap.

Thursday we went to Belize and traveled 30 miles inland to the Belize Zoo and got a tour of Belize City. Tough area. We found out from the driver that the average citizen makes from $100/wk to $200/wk. We drove by the Prime Minister of Belize's house....it's smaller than my parents house and was in a crap section of town....The rest of the afternoon we spent dodging people looking fort handouts and trying to sell more of the same crap. I felt really bad going here on a vacation. I felt like I should have been there on a humanitarian excursion. Traveling around the city on tour was difficult. Our driver was so proud of where he lives and what they have but it was like driving thru a war zone. I didn't feel like we were in danger, but the place was a wreck.

Friday we arrived at Costa Maya, or last destination before returning to Tampa. We were so beat from the previous destinations that we just ventured into port and hung out at the resort there....and dodged more people selling crap.

Any who...on with the pics:

020_07A.sized.jpg

010_17A.sized.jpg

011_16A.sized.jpg

013_14A.sized.jpg

021_06A.sized.jpg

IMG_6169.sized.jpg

IMG_6188.sized.jpg

IMG_6199.sized.jpg

IMG_6200.sized.jpg

IMG_6202.sized.jpg

Last edited:
More pics:

IMG_6220.sized.jpg

IMG_6224.sized.jpg

IMG_6231.sized.jpg

IMG_6246.sized.jpg

IMG_6244.sized.jpg

IMG_6235.sized.jpg

IMG_6271.sized.jpg

I was glad to get some seat time in the MSM today after a week of no driving....this is going to be a tough winter!!
DSCN2380.sized.jpg

DSCN2381.sized.jpg

Those Carribean pics look wonderful, warm ocean water sounds wonderful. Kissing the stingrays - awesome! I'm surprised how they were handled.

And LOL you went to Waters Rd! Good spot eh .. see also Town Farm Rd (my personal favorite). I'm too shy but want to find out if the road going to the water is private property.

looks like a great time!

makes me miss the DR...
:(
;)

And if you want to be a humanitarian, toss some money and your old clothing donations at my mom's 501c3 (tax write off). They serve a lot of communities in countries like that.
She's going to Guatemala this month.

jess has about 20 trash bags of cloths in the attic.
we were just going to bring them to a church drop off thing.
but we can give them to your mom instead.
buti want a reciept!
haha
we can fill your car on sunday and you can take them to her.
:)

That's so awesome and also weird, see my wife and I are leaving for Miami to take a carnival ship to Mexico on Monday. Looks like you had a really fun time. I'm looking forward to it so much it hurts. I'll post some pics when I get back also.

Now that would be a REALLY fun CEG meet, a bunch of us all taking a cruise at the same time. But they'd probably throw most of us off the ship before the end of the cruise!

Back