• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Advice needed Quick!!!

svttouruofl

CEG'er
Well I got my CF cowl hood from streetconcepts today and there is a large scratch(about 15" long) on the edge of the hood. I'm not so sure it isn't a crack, a couple very noticable defects in the finish, and a hole or divet about an 1/8" deep. Well I called the company and sent them pictures. They called back and are offering me either $250 back, which means I get the hood for $350. Or a full refund and they pay shipping back. This was the last hood they had so they can't offer an exchange.

So what would you do take the money or send it back? I have to let them know by about 2pm est. tom. which is friday.

Well if you could live with the defects which you prob can or you wouldnt be asking. I'd take the partial refund so you didnt have to deal with returning it

Personally , I'd take the full refund & return . Those defects would drive me crazy every time I'd look at it .

Thats how I'm feeling. But as for shipping it back, all I have to do is wrap it up in the bubble wrap it came in and they are going to set up a shipping company to come out and pick it up at my house. We are worried the scratch is also a crack in the CF. The guy at the Streetconcepts feels the same way.

sounds like you answered your own question then:laugh:

Yea, I, at the moment, am planning on sending it back. What do you all think? I just don't want to make a mistake of turning down one for $350...especially one of the few "new" ones left. They even said that they looked around for one to replace mine with and had no luck.

Personally , I'd take the full refund & return . Those defects would drive me crazy every time I'd look at it .

Exactly!

If there is a chance that the scratch is actually a crack, you don't want it. You'll end up with an expensive piece of useless CF if it breaks.

Here are a couple pics of the defects.

Scratch.jpg

Scratch2.jpg

filler.jpg

badspot.jpg

scuffs.jpg

Back