• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The new Palumbo-mobile is ...

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
... a 2004 SVT Focus .

PA060169.jpg

PA060172.jpg

It's Sonic Blue - #1160 of 1978 made , built on Jan 29 , 2004 . We bought it a few weeks ago with 32k on it , and have driven it quite a bit since then , and it's nearing 34k already ! It's the wife's daily driver , and it's tough to steal it from her , lemme tell you ! It's a great little car . It handles great , stops on a dime and has (IMHO) equal power to the CSVT , though it comes on a bit different . The extra gear (6-spd) is a bit different to get used to also :crazy: . It has the Audiophile stereo system , which is nice as hell - basically it's a near 300 watt (don't remember exact #) 6-disc system with a sub & amp in the trunk , controls at the steering wheel and auto volume control :cool: . It cranks pretty darn good for a stock system . Some other pretty cool stock items are the lighted moonroof switch with one touch open/close/tilt , electro-luminescent gauges , tilt/telescope wheel , heated mirrors and oil temp/pressure gauges . And it's got 4 airbags ... just in case ;) . It's a pretty slick car . The only thing it doesn't have that we wanted is two more doors , but we're (obviously) willing to concede on that part of it . With the wife driving it every day , it's hard for me to get a photoshoot together , so it may take me till next weekend for better engine/interior shots , but here are a couple that I have so far .

2723398436228110442IM102565x421_A56.jpg

2723398437228110442IM103565x421_A56.jpg

We've already used the hatch to haul some stuff that would never have fit in the CSVT , so it's already come in handy - just like I thought the hatch would . Plus , the wife now has something nicer to drive , like she should . I don't mind driving more beat-down autos ;) . More pics to come ...

Last edited:
Nice!

I'm toying with transplanting the SVT guts and trim and transplanting it to one of the ST sedans instead of the wagons. I've seen it done, and it's a thing of beauty. It'll take some work, but, the look is worth it. :)

ive driven a couple of Focus SVTs.

love them. The zetec motor in them is surprisingly smooth, has ample power all through the power band, and the way it drives just lets you chuck it into corners until it wont grip anymore, and when that happens the traction control fixes everything for you.

GREAT car, IMO has more versitility than the CSVT for every day use, and doesnt sacrifice comfort either.

I love the FSVT's. I agree that 4 doors would be nicer but I love the 2 doors too. I love the Sonic Blue & the upgraded sound system is teh hottness! Nice choice man. ME = JEALOUS:laugh: A friend of mine had an '02 with the 5-spokes but he sold it in '04. I wish he still had it.:cry:

I can't wait to see more pics!

Thanks for the comps , guys - we love the car . I knew it , once bridey saw the color , it was all over . No other FSVT would do (plus it seemed pretty nice) . She's enjoying the car quite a bit . I think it's as fun to drive as our CSVT . It's a bit more nimble than the Contour , but being a bit shorter makes a difference . I can't wait to auto-x this one !

Very nice. I love the color. I too kicked around the idea of getting one of these after I got rid of the Contour. We had a silver 02 at our Ford store that almost became mine, that is until the Saab showed up. Good find though, enjoy.

Sure is a fun car to drive. I love the Sonic Blue.

:drool:

Back