• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1992 Contour Prototype

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
No, I am not selling this, but just surfing around eBay I came across it.
LINKY.

ba01_1.JPG

Last edited:
Damn that looks EXACTLY like our cars,lol I hate when concepts are that far fetched. Cool find though man.

What happened to all the two-door coupes? There are so few around nowadays. :laugh:

I think this is what the card says:
Contour is designed around an extruded aluminum space frame that demonstrates new construction techniques allowing low weight and high strength. Highly efficient. 'High intensity discharge metal vapor' arc lamps provide power to the headlights via fiber optic cables, and a next-generation halogen lamp provide luminous power to the taillamps."

it also looks like it is rear engine.

Hey, cool find!! I have an issue of Popular Science magazine from 1990 and it has that concept contour in it. Believe it or not, the Mystique was suppose to be a van! That is a straight 10 cylinder engine placed transversely in the engine bay. So it had 5 cylinders on one side and 5 on the other and they met in the middle at what was called the vector drive. A beveled gear that powered the transmission. I have popular science magazines with all of Fords big achievements. The Yamaha SHO motor, the Thunderbird SC motor, the 8 spark plug 4 cyl Ranger. If anybody is interested i can scan them.

Hey, cool find!! I have an issue of Popular Science magazine from 1990 and it has that concept contour in it. Believe it or not, the Mystique was suppose to be a van! That is a straight 10 cylinder engine placed transversely in the engine bay. So it had 5 cylinders on one side and 5 on the other and they met in the middle at what was called the vector drive. A beveled gear that powered the transmission. I have popular science magazines with all of Fords big achievements. The Yamaha SHO motor, the Thunderbird SC motor, the 8 spark plug 4 cyl Ranger. If anybody is interested i can scan them.

Doooo ittttt

trandsversely mounted I10?? that's either an insanely wide car or has a turning radious worse than my R.

EDIT: nevermine if it's rear engined...but still. talk about a ***** of an engine bay to work in.

Back