• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If I were to sell my car...

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
What would "you" ask for it? I don't plan to sell it soon, but maybe after winter. Come February I'll have two Tickets drop off my driving reccord so my insurance will hopefully go down alot!:laugh:

1999 CSVT #2200 with 102,600 miles. Mobil 1 High Mileage every 3k miles.

Below are some pics I took today. I was going to clean it up but it's supposed to rain today like normal on the day I plan to do so. I took some close ups for honesty on the exterior flaws... The main ones being, the chicken feet in the paint,(worst on the roof of the car) the gash in the drivers side rear pannel, and front drivers side front fender thats been badly repainted by the previous owner. Both I was told was caused by the prvious owner being ran off the road in a construction zone and side swiped something.
I don't want to list all of the mods because you can see a full list on my cardomain site in my Signature. I also have the stock wheels for winter which I recently posted pics of that i'm painting Graphite.
img0985xl6.jpg

img0961fa0.jpg

img0969hv7.jpg

img0953rk8.jpg

img0968mg1.jpg

img0952ir2.jpg

img0975nt2.jpg

img0951em3.jpg

img0986ci9.jpg

Last edited:
Its a tastefully done car for sure. I love the CF hood, wheel choice, and splitter. Unfortunately, it does have some things that really detract from the car which youve listed. The leather seats, carpet, and steering wheel are in pretty rough shape as well. The way the car sits right now, about the most I would pay for it would be about $3500.

Its a tastefully done car for sure. I love the CF hood, wheel choice, and splitter. Unfortunately, it does have some things that really detract from the car which youve listed. The leather seats, carpet, and steering wheel are in pretty rough shape as well. The way the car sits right now, about the most I would pay for it would be about $3500.

Thats pretty close. you may be able to find some one to pay as much as 5k for it. but 3500-4000 would be normal.

I'd say 4000 or so as well. You might sell off the parts and make the car stock again and come out a little better depending on what all you have done to it.

I'd say 4000 or so as well. You might sell off the parts and make the car stock again and come out a little better depending on what all you have done to it.

Yeah, i'm sure that i'll probably take off the wheels, hood, and splitter for sure and just sell those by them selfs...

I would bet you get more like that. Why you wanting to sell it though you got it looking good now?

I don't really want too right now, but like I said in my original post, come February I have two tickets dropping off my reccord therefore I could afford insurance on something else if I wanted to... :shrug:

First off, where did you buy that delicious hood? And secondly, if you do so choose to sell it, pending its in as good of condition as the pictures show, I'd gladly buy it, assuming it would fit a 2000 SE.

without the wheels/hood i don't see you getting $4000. $3500 if you're lucky...personally, with a car needing atleast a grand in paint done i wouldn't offer more than $3,000 if you took off the wheels/hood/splitter.

and it might be a good idea to go over the interior with some leather cleaner and scrub those floor mats.

without the wheels/hood i don't see you getting $4000. $3500 if you're lucky...personally, with a car needing atleast a grand in paint done i wouldn't offer more than $3,000 if you took off the wheels/hood/splitter.

Thats my take on it too. Car needs at least a $1000 in repairs to paint. Interior needs a major overhaul.

with the way the roof looks... I would seriously need to repaint it.. you could probably sell for 3000.

Back