• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear folding seats questions

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
I recently acquired some new seats that have the split 60/40 folding seats... But my tour doesnt have the folding seat option, so I would like to get the brackets and whatnot to allow my tour to have folding seats... Would any year do? Can I get the brackets from a 95-00 or do I need to get 99 or 00 specifically?

Any year.

You need the brackets, latches for them to lock onto when closed (with release handles), and rear deck carpet.

Optional are the 95-98 plastic latch covers to dress it up. 98.5-00 had bare metal latches.

there are a lot of Pre98s in the junkyard I go to, particularly a loaded SE with Tan leather, I bet its got folding seats, I will check it out friday morning.

split seats

split seats

I have a Contour GL 95. I purchased a 95 SE with a bad engine harness. One of the first things I did was a Interior swap. You need the cables from a SE it was a direct swap. My GL even had the hooks to receive the cables for the swap to allow the back seats to come down. Everything worked well.

Adding the folding seats is a great upgrade. Especially useful when going to the beach and you need extra room for the beach chairs.

Back