• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I love secondaries...

xtascox

Hard-core CEG'er
Just want to say that I love secondaries. Today my friend was inching up on me in his Forester going up a hill. I was in 4th pushing low revs, not in a hurry or anything.

(removed due to forum rules.. sorry.)

Sorry for my enthusiasm but I spent a whole week a little while back working to get my secondaries opening right again. They never worked since I got the car and now... :laugh:
Now, just gotta get the 3.0 swap...

I'm done.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Pennslyvania we have alot of passing going up and downhills. Well to the unlevel part of the country. :laugh:

Secondaries are really amazing. Very unique. i work at a chrystler/jeep dealer and drive new cars all day.. still every time i get in ye olde stique and punch it man, its not like anything else.

In Pennslyvania we have alot of passing going up and downhills. Well to the unlevel part of the country. :laugh:

Thats right. NEPA = Hills = WORST ROADS I'VE EVER SEEN(maintenance wise)= constant repairs(via tires, suspension, etc) = terrible gas mileage = why do I still live here?:laugh:

You live in Dallas? 'Cause I live in falls haha, right by you, you've probably seen my 'tour around, and yes, NEPA = rocks and hills.

Yea, just outside of Dallas, out by the Chase prison if you know where that is. I see you may be heading towards a 3L? I'm working on getting mine. I say when we both have em we go show these kids in their civics around here whats up.

I say we keep the discussions rule-relevant and not include street racing, displays of speed, or any other "I win" natured talk.

so wait, you downshift when someone is trying to pass you going up hill? :confused:

wow, dangerious.

i was in a 2 lane once on a back road. Road had a safe gap to pass this guy that kept speeding up to 55 then slowing down to 25, he did it over and over and over again, I figured he was looking for a street, but this had gone on for 10 miles, so I decided to pass. Downshifted, punched it (he had an SUV BTW), jumped in the left lane, and as soon as I went into that lane, this guy decides to just WOT his huge SUV, I was still taking him but not very quickly. I look up to see a semi had turned onto the road and was coming straight for me :shocked: had to slam on my brakes and go back behind him, where he starting going down from 25 up to 55 over and over again.

...jackass :nonono:

LMAO! I don't know how many times I've encountered the same scenario. In fact I've almost gotten killed because of jerks like the one you were behind.

Who needs a 3L to show Civics up? Those kids are lame and I don't speed up for them to lose and then do the ricer flyby when it's dangerous anyway, I'd rather beat them at the speed limit in the corners around here, it's much more fun than stoplight to stoplight anyway. I really don't need to prove to some 16 year old kid that my V6 is more powerful than his 4 cylinder, but it's way more fun to show them what a non-economy car with 107K can do in the corners, and how crappy their car really is.

Your right about that, thats pretty much what I do, but a 3.0 is gonna make them cry a little more. I just hate how cocky a lot of those kids are. "O look! Mommy and Daddy bought me this sweet fast brand new Civic! Lets drive around and try to race against grannies driving down the road!" I am in no way saying all civic owners are like this and also there is nothing wrong with your parents buying you a car(my mother bought me my mystique). I just hate seeing little rich kids getting brand new cars and thinking they are cool for it. Then they roll them 2 weeks later anyway.

Yeah I think most on here share your sentiment, and I hate them too, but at least our cars don't feel like you're driving some sort of appliance. I hate driving my one friends Camry, it has no driver feel whatsoever, I might as well be yelling at the wheel to turn with that distant vague feeling. A 3L with a proper tune will most definitely ruin a ricers day though, and I have to admit, that is a good feeling.

Back