• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New project a brewing??

CarpePoon

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, I have been doing some major projects around the house and finally decided I needed a table saw..
DSC08427.jpg

So that got me thinking about building a new system in the SVT.. so I called an old friend and picked up a couple of these:
DSC08423.jpg

DSC08425.jpg

DSC08424.jpg

details will follow.

Last edited:
You are going to create a super magnite and destoy the world?
I probably could, the last death ray to enslave the entire human race didn't work like I planned. Each one weighs around 31lbs! these are 12" D612D4's
Now I just need to plan out the build. I haven't decided if I am going to use one of both yet. I may just go with one since I'm more about SQ than SPL these days. Plus I need my trunk space for hockey equipment and dead hookers.

I would go with one speaker. I am really wishing I went with a free air sub this last time to free up some space.

I would go with one speaker. I am really wishing I went with a free air sub this last time to free up some space.

My 10" version of this sub in the custom rear deck box will be in the classifieds in the next couple of days if your interested.

I probably could, the last death ray to enslave the entire human race didn't work like I planned. Each one weighs around 31lbs! these are 12" D612D4's
Now I just need to plan out the build. I haven't decided if I am going to use one of both yet. I may just go with one since I'm more about SQ than SPL these days. Plus I need my trunk space for hockey equipment and dead hookers.

Are you going to go with fiberglass? You might need to get a router to make the rings.

Nice sub, I just picked up a D3. I'm not sure if I'm going to get another and put them in the box I have now or just downsize to the 1 sub.

Are you going to go with fiberglass? You might need to get a router to make the rings.
Been there, done that. Fiberglass used to be my forte. Two MDF rings of different sizes glued together works just as well, no need to buy a $75 router and a $25 bit.
For this one I'm just going to stick with wood.

Been there, done that. Fiberglass used to be my forte. Two MDF rings of different sizes glued together works just as well, no need to buy a $75 router and a $25 bit.
For this one I'm just going to stick with wood.

Smart man. I was going to buy some rings from a dude until I figured out how to do it. For the square sub that I'm using, it's even easier.

Back